Shoe Shine Technique????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
I have just got back from the hairdressers and my hairdresser was having a skills update course.

The tutor was showing her the "Shoe Shine" technique and I was intrigued to see the result!

However I had to leave before it was finished, so wondered if any of the hair geeks use this method - how long has it about and is it effective????

:hug:

I remember this in the salon when i was a junior 10 years ago!
Never heard of it since then though.

Am curious now ... what exactly is the shoe shine technique?

correct me if i'm wrong please! I was only a junior and it was 10 years ago but isn't it where you apply the haircolour to the foil as opposed to the hair first then buff the large strip of foil accross the head to add the colour.
(thought it was mainly used on men)
I only got to do it once and i don't think i got it right! Lol,
x

correct me if i'm wrong please! I was only a junior and it was 10 years ago but isn't it where you apply the haircolour to the foil as opposed to the hair first then buff the large strip of foil accross the head to add the colour.
(thought it was mainly used on men)
I only got to do it once and i don't think i got it right! Lol,
x
yep that is how she did it - not really sure what I thought of it :lol: :lol:

yey! as i typed it i thought you might think i was mad!
:green:

yey! as i typed it i thought you might think i was mad!
:green:
:lol: not at all :lol:

I did ask the tutor if it was really called the shoe shine technique, because even though it looked like she was shining shoes, I thought there would be a more technical name for it :lol: obviously not :lol:

Well, they say you learn something new every day and now I know what the shoe shine technique is all about ... thanks :lol:

Well, they say you learn something new every day and now I know what the shoe shine technique is all about ... thanks :lol:

your welcome :hug:

So now I know it is not a new technique - but is it an effective one ????

As tammy said, it was really the "hot" thing to do back...when.
It has it's benefits on certain styles . I use it occassionally with the short spiky hair that they want only the tips colored. Hair that is way to short to foil.

As tammy said, it was really the "hot" thing to do back...when.
It has it's benefits on certain styles . I use it occassionally with the short spiky hair that they want only the tips colored. Hair that is way to short to foil.
An old idea revamped then over here then :lol:

Thanks JDs :hug:

Hi

Yep its been around since the ark :lol:

We use it mainly on men as already said, in fact my seven year old son has it done :lol:

well i did it in college it is bleach pasted thickly onto foil,
then :!::!::!: :hug:
apply on spiked hair moving back and forward,, just covering the tips.
mainly on men billy idol style but tipped on ends.:smack:

hi it is deferently called a shoe shine,ive done it a few times,there r better techniqes

We had a client in the salon I worked in that came in every 8 weeks for a shoe shine. I think its an effective easy way on getting a colour on short spikey hair.

Its good for naturally curly short hair too,you don't have to stick to bleach you can incorporate loads of other colours as well.I know that Toni and Guy offer thios service.x

better wiv ya fingers u can put as much blonde were u want then,u cant garen t a gud result every time wiv shoe shining

Latest posts

Back