Shop front-protection from sun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
I have moved to a new shop and have big windows that face the sun which when it comes out shines in our face.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can have to stop this?

A option I was thinking was blinds- I wanted roller blinds that I could just pull down abit when the suns out so it doesn’t shut out the view outside completely but I think the windows are too big for this :-( unless I have two put up on one window but then there would be a gap and may look silly?

What do you think about the verticals slate type blinds? I’m not sure if this would look too like a office?

If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it I will attach some pics of the salon window and examples that f what I mean

ce696ffbf168fec36fb83d5703dab98a.jpg

681b0f3b67bd212256f5801a38e48e44.jpg

1bf53e8008b759c62886f61bb6580180.jpg

Not sure if that one would look like office to much but can have them so the slates turn open and not completely blocked of if that makes sense? Then gather to the side when it’s not sunny.

0a1832770aa97dd49aef39ed0e45647c.jpg

If you could let me know your thoughts I would really appreciate it

I had a similar issue at my last salon. The sun was only an issue for about 45 mins a day, but it was torture for the clients. We got a roller blind and it looks great. Doesn’t block out the whole window (which is what I think the vertical blinds do)

Thank you for your reply- yea I do like the roller blinds and would prefer this but have been told the windows are too big but then I’m not sure if the verticals blinds would look right? :-s

Why not try voile in the short term, I would think blinds (roller or vertical) are going to be super expensive. Voiles should stop the glare without removing the light. They're pretty cheap from Ikea and super long so you could drape horizontally where you need them, or just hang them vertically. They're quite narrow too so you can just hang them where you need them instead of blocking the whole window

The voiles sound like a good idea I will look into this thank you

Why not try voile in the short term, I would think blinds (roller or vertical) are going to be super expensive. Voiles should stop the glare without removing the light. They're pretty cheap from Ikea and super long so you could drape horizontally where you need them, or just hang them vertically. They're quite narrow too so you can just hang them where you need them instead of blocking the whole window

This is exactly what I did in my last shop.
Soooo easy to install, and soooo cheap!
I would also recommend a 'curtain' of tassel's....sounds weird, but looks good. ;)

Ours is the same, my husband fitted a strip of quality tinted vinyl, it cost about £90 just to buy, husband fitted it as he's a signmaker

Latest posts

Back