Short hair and extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hausofhana

Reaction score
I know there is a similar thread to this but I can't find it..

I have a client with really short hair, and she's dying for a new style with extensions. I am refusing to fit extensions as it will give me a bad rep if they look crap. What can I do to keep her happy?

Any ideas welcome x

Honesty is also very perfessional, tell her that the bonds won't hide well and that it is awfully hard work to look after and they won't look natural maybe find some images on google of short hair looks and recommend something else which you think suits her :) x

Honesty is also very perfessional, tell her that the bonds won't hide well and that it is awfully hard work to look after and they won't look natural maybe find some images on google of short hair looks and recommend something else which you think suits her :) x[/QUOTE

Very true. I was thinking I would say to her I could fit some at one side to create an asymmetric look, as this will give her a new style until its all grown in enough to have a full head... What do you think? Xxx

Yeah that would be nice you can also put a bit of colour in either dye or extensions, a different hair colour makes a huge difference!! Good luck! X

Yeah that would be nice you can also put a bit of colour in either dye or extensions, a different hair colour makes a huge difference!! Good luck! X

Okay, I've had my cobsultation with her and she was determined to get at least some extensions on the back, which is 3-4 inches long. I explained to her it will not look good but she was determined. So we settled on that she will get short extensions purely for volume and get them cut to be the length of her natural hair, with long bits at the side. She insists her clip in extensions look great in her hair, so I'm only charging her the rice of hair + £20 as its the first time I've done short hair so she's basically a model. Scared and exited, not sure as to what I'm doing yet... I've told her this is VERYVERYVERY experimental and to not expect too much!

Xxx

If her hair extensions look great why is she wanting something which may not be what she wants... :s good luck tho I'm sure it will be fine :) x

Put some piccie on this threat after I'd love to see x

Put some piccie on this threat after I'd love to see x

I feel terrible now, I don't think I'm going to be able to do it at all. It will look terrible! She totally convinced me to say I'd do it, now I think I really can't. I've taken a deposit, will I text her and tell her that I resale can't do it?

I'm in such a mess now grrrr I should of just stuck to my guns!!

xxx

I've done extensions on short hair before but it was hard to blend and was hard to get right, the placement of the bonds was difficult as they needed to provide enough hair to look natural without showing. I'm sure you'll do fine, just take your time! If you really feel you can't do it then don't at the end of the day she is a walking advert for you and if your just starting out it won't be great. Maybe recommend the clip ins for a few months until the hair has grown a little bit more. At the end of the day it might be great when you leave but a month down the line it might not then again you can say that with anyone. Just do what you feel is right, your reputation is worth more... Remember that :)

I've done extensions on short hair before but it was hard to blend and was hard to get right, the placement of the bonds was difficult as they needed to provide enough hair to look natural without showing. I'm sure you'll do fine, just take your time! If you really feel you can't do it then don't at the end of the day she is a walking advert for you and if your just starting out it won't be great. Maybe recommend the clip ins for a few months until the hair has grown a little bit more. At the end of the day it might be great when you leave but a month down the line it might not then again you can say that with anyone. Just do what you feel is right, your reputation is worth more... Remember that :)

I returned her deposit, she was fine! I told her to come back in a few months and she said definitely, so it ended up fine!! Thanks for your advice, really reassured me xxxx

Well done Hun. :) x

Hiya im new to this site but thought i would get posting lol....Im an hair extensionist and never have problems with short hair, one of my clients has the worst hairstyle in the world it was like a french crop boy style and she got turned away from other places....i decided to do it and it turned out lovely....its all about making sure you position them well xxxxx

Hiya im new to this site but thought i would get posting lol....Im an hair extensionist and never have problems with short hair, one of my clients has the worst hairstyle in the world it was like a french crop boy style and she got turned away from other places....i decided to do it and it turned out lovely....its all about making sure you position them well xxxxx

Some of her hair was literally 1 inch! It was about 4 inches top layer but at the Nape it was literally 1 inch.. Think Frankie out the Saturday's xxx

Thats exactly like the girl i had....ill find my pics and post them for you xxx

This is hair I fitted yesterday.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336115348.375199.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336115348.375199.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 259
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336115363.319037.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336115363.319037.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 235
I've done it on very short hair before, but her hair was very very fine! So blended in ok! I only put about 70g of hair because her hair was so fine...Here's some pictures...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336119436.886264.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336119436.886264.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 185
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336119492.913677.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336119492.913677.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 185
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336119533.279492.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336119533.279492.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 182
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336119573.203162.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336119573.203162.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 184
A new client wants her extensions done. She said her hair is like frankie from the Saturdays. I've not seen her yet but she is certain she has been growing out the style and the shorter side and back is over 4 inces long. She wants micro rings glue is a big no for her she said her friend had a bad experience with them.

Even without seeing her I'm thinking i can't do them, but I'm not sure how to word things with her. I don't have a problem turning people away if the hair won't look right. She lives quite far from me and i don't charge for consultations so not sure what to do.

Just ask her to send you afew pics of back n sides. explain you'll be able to tell Abit more by seeing the hair and you don't want to waste your time or hers coming all that way, then not been compatible for extensions x

Latest posts

Back