Short Nails & Side Walls

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROOPS100

Reaction score
It is so awkward to work on short nails especially when there is 3mm of free edge & the hyponychium (quick), is a little lower than it ought to be since the client has been a nail biter, but...

What I would like to know, is how you ladies overcome trying to keep the gel off the skin, when the nail itself is snugly fitting against the side walls? ...

Its simply not enough to pull the nail away from the wall, because no sooner gel is applied to the short nail then the wall relaxes & presses back against the nail again & promptly they can become stuck together whilst the gel is cured... (resulting in likely lifts)

Do you have any tips that you can share to assist with hassle free applications such as this ... ??

I am interested in seeing the replies to this too as I'm currently training in gels :D

I get a lot of these, I only do Gelicure, but I always explain that it's harder to apply on short nails but they will grow with care and they always look far better than when they arrived anyway! U can only do what u can do. X

Latest posts

Back