Short toenails and MINX

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missymeesh

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
Ive just had my first client after my training and it was a nightmare :-( i got the first one on the clients big toe but she had cut her nails so short there was no free edge at all to file and was actually cut so short they looked painful! The Minx just looked like it was going to peel off on the edge as i couldnt file it at all :-( i said i couldnt carry on as she said her nails hurt soon as i touched them with the file! :-( Was there away around that without filing at the edge? it just looked like it was going to peel off?! So disheartend with my first go it seemed so easy in my training! xx

Hi Geeks
Ive just had my first client after my training and it was a nightmare :-( i got the first one on the clients big toe but she had cut her nails so short there was no free edge at all to file and was actually cut so short they looked painful! The Minx just looked like it was going to peel off on the edge as i couldnt file it at all :-( i said i couldnt carry on as she said her nails hurt soon as i touched them with the file! :-( Was there away around that without filing at the edge? it just looked like it was going to peel off?! So disheartend with my first go it seemed so easy in my training! xx

Are you disheartened with Minx or the fact that your client has had someone (or she) has cut her nails so short it was hurting her??? Minx are not as easy to apply on super short nails but we do it all the time. Sounds like some questions should have been asked of the client before application??

Are you disheartened with Minx or the fact that your client has had someone (or she) has cut her nails so short it was hurting her??? Minx are not as easy to apply on super short nails but we do it all the time. Sounds like some questions should have been asked of the client before application??

Im disheartened that her nails were so short :-( i love the Minx and found it easy to apply in training and on myself etc. The client said she cut them down so short as she thought it would have made it easier for me she said as soon as i tried to file the ends that they were sore as she thinks she cut them too much. I didnt know if they would have lasted very long without filing the end of the minx as it looked liked it could have just peeled up :-( im going to practice again tomorrow on a couple of friends till i feel confident again :) xx

Most clients do not have a free edge on their toes so this is a very common problem.
Rather than fight with the file get you client to place their foot with their toes straight up to the celing so you can see the underneath of their toe, no matter how short their free edge is you should be able to see the top of their nail so then take you curved scissors and follow the top of their nail cutting the Minx.
This will give you a nice neat finish without having to do any filing.

You say your clients nails were sore when you touched them if this had happened to me I would have told them not to have the Minx done this time but the give their nails a couple of weeks then come back once they were feel better.
Hts

Most clients do not have a free edge on their toes so this is a very common problem.
Rather than fight with the file get you client to place their foot with their toes straight up to the celing so you can see the underneath of their toe, no matter how short their free edge is you should be able to see the top of their nail so then take you curved scissors and follow the top of their nail cutting the Minx.
This will give you a nice neat finish without having to do any filing.

You say your clients nails were sore when you touched them if this had happened to me I would have told them not to have the Minx done this time but the give their nails a couple of weeks then come back once they were feel better.
Hts

Thanks so much for that :) i was just worried that if i didnt file the edge off that it would just peel back. I told the client to give me a call when they grew in a little and weren't as tender and she was more than happy to do that, and as long as i can cut along the edge then i will give that a try :) Thanks again xx

I did my first full set of minx on fingers last week, and I knew the girl bites her nails so told her to try grow them.

However they were really short that the nail bed was showing under the nail plate so no free edge at all!!

However I told her that they might peel off with being so short etc but to try not to pick or bite her nails, they took me ages to do as it was so fiddly and it being my very first full set (im still in training)

But I managed to get them all on and she went away very happy with them. I got in touch with her yesterday to see if she had picked at them and if she had been happy with them etc.. I was so pleased to hear that not only had she not bitten or picked at her nails and that she loved them but they were still very firmly on!! Woohoo!! How pleased am I!!

So dont be disheartened if they have really short nails, explain it may take a little longer etc and give it a go. It really is worth it. :)

Hiya, yes I dont use the minx file on toes for this reason, I use scissors and curved clippers to get the line straight, and I point the feet upwards so I can see whats going on (like above poster said to do). Minx is so so well bonded with then nails, I have a lady whos toe nail has trauna damage and the free edge is bumpy and uneaven and with a bit of pushing and trimming her minx still lasts untill I take it off. Hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back