Shortcuts salon software issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LauraAnn43

Reaction score
Hi there! I've been running my salon for just under 6 years in Australia. We have always had Shortcuts salon software and I know it costs a fair bit more than the rest, but I really don't make use of all the features aside from appointment book, client history and cards, retail items and business summaries for my tax.
I would love to change to another that costs less, and have done for some time but haven't because I feel to change all the info over to another program without losing info in the process..
Has anyone moved companies and found it easy to merge all the data and info from the old company software? And what company did you go for?
Thanks and sorry for the long winded story!

Hi there! I've been running my salon for just under 6 years in Australia. We have always had Shortcuts salon software and I know it costs a fair bit more than the rest, but I really don't make use of all the features aside from appointment book, client history and cards, retail items and business summaries for my tax.
I would love to change to another that costs less, and have done for some time but haven't because I feel to change all the info over to another program without losing info in the process..
Has anyone moved companies and found it easy to merge all the data and info from the old company software? And what company did you go for?

Hi

We are in Australia as well :)

We can do a complete migration of Shortcuts data so you won't lose any info. You can sign up for a free trial or email me at [email protected] for more info.

Craig

Hey @LauraAnn43

From reading Shortcut's documentation (https://www.shortcuts.net/media/589528/How_to_Export_Email_addresses_out_of_Shortcuts.pdf), they do support exporting client data in CSV (Comma Separated Values) format. CSV is a common format, and if the software you're considering doesn't support CSV then I would suggest looking at a different provider.

I'm happy to answer any really technical questions here, from a developer's perspective, or feel free to send me an email at [email protected] if you want.

Hi Laura, I work for a company called ActiveSalon. We're based on the other side of the world to you so I don't know how much help we could be!

Anyway, I know Shortcuts software quite well. We've got a few customers who have used them in the past. Most Software providers will be able to 'convert' your data from Shortcuts to their own, if you shop around I'm sure you will find a package that's cheaper annually and doesn't charge for add on's like SMS messages etc.

One point I'd advise is that, with salon software you do tend to get what you pay for. If you're currently using a software that costs thousands of £'s a year, then swapping to a cheap, out of the box system will have it's pitfalls!

If you want any advice, let me know!

Hi
I signed up with Shotcuts this year, i won't bore you with my story of poor customer service, but I did just convert both my salons out of shortcuts and across to Hairware. They were amazing! I have pretty much the same kind of featured that they have at shortcuts. I had to adjust a few of my service blocks and I had to reset stock levels but that was it. It was so easy and they understand what "good customer service" is
All my clients, history, services, retail, not notes. All appointments in advance,I was up running with everything going so quick and painless. I would recommend, hope this helps
Nicky

Hi Laura

I see your predicament and your concerns about the migration issue, some suppliers do try and confuse salon with lots of jargle. We at Hive like to keep things simple. We have a top end product with 15 modules and give full support and training for all elements of our software.

I don't agree with some comments regarding "you get what you pay for" these comments normally come from the old suppliers that are still trying to justify charging salons thousands upfront for software and then a monthly charge.

Those days are gone. Is it true to say Gmail is no good because i only get charged €30 per year.

If you would like a free trial of hive just register here and one of our team will contact you http://hivesalonsoftware.com/Content/Registration.aspx

Try it and see if you like it No Obligations No catch.

Kind Regards

Kim

Hi Lara,
I've sent you a PM, would love to have a chat with you about your concerns with your current software.
Regards,
Krystle

I've just gone from Kitomba to Ovatu.

Peter at Ovatu has been amazing. His customer service is fantastic. And the price is great.

I was nervous about getting data from one to the other. And Peter's team managed to sort it for me.

Hi Laura,

Feel free to contact Kitomba on 01800 161 101. The friendly Kitomba help desk will put in in contact with a manager who can assist you. Kitomba do migrate information from your current provider. We look forward to hearing from you.

Latest posts

Back