Shortening Acrylic Enhancements...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Ive been asked to shorten the length of some acrylic enhancements...could anyone advise me on the best way to do it...clip then file...or just file? I want to avoid damaging the polish...thanx in advance for any advise x

I would just file, clipping will most likely chip the enhancement and stress it.
If you shorten the length though you will have to thin the new free edge. I can't see how you can do this without damaging the polish, at the very least you will be filing off the polish capping. HTH

File them...clipping can cause them to crack.

Thing is...when alot of length is reduced the thickness of the enhancement will be increased at the free edge...this is due to the way the enhancements are built.

So thinning of the free edge will then be required, hence spoiling the polish, so you will have to re polish them.

great minds adele....:hug: x

thanx guys...i dont think alot needs taking off so im hoping i can get away with just filing a bit off....its just that i havent mastered my polishing skills yet...and im not getting paid for it lol x

thanx guys...i dont think alot needs taking off so im hoping i can get away with just filing a bit off....its just that i havent mastered my polishing skills yet...and im not getting paid for it lol x
Have a read of this excellent tutorial by Gigi Precision Polishing

Why dont you use this opportunity then to remove and re-polish the nails. Nothing beets practice, practice, practice to perfect your polishing.

Why dont you use this opportunity then to remove and re-polish the nails. Nothing beets practice, practice, practice to perfect your polishing.
what a great idea oey.she will think your doing her a favour by re polishing as she is not paying.

yes i understand what your saying but shes paid somebody for those nails n i dont wanna go and ruin them lol

yes i understand what your saying but shes paid somebody for those nails n i dont wanna go and ruin them lol

If she's expecting you to do them for nothing, then even if you did make a mess of them (which I'm sure you won't hun xx), then she can hardly moan! But that won't happen, you'll do a great job, i'm sure.
If you do make a mess, it's only polish and can be easily removed and re-done - look upon it as a great opportunity to practise on a 'live' model!
Don't forget, base, 2 coats & topcoat. Keep it thin and allow a little time inbetween coats of colour to help it dry quicker.

Latest posts

Back