Should I buy a second hand CACI machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juliebird

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm thinking about purchasing a second hand ultimate CACI machine. Has anyone else taken the plunge, concerned about opening a CACI account. I've heard CACI can be a bit awkward and don't offer support. Training can be expensive etc.
I'm home based and would like to hear from anyone who's purchased a second hand machine and how they approached CACI for training/opening account etc and any problems they encountered.

I purchased a machine from CACI 4 years ago, I had already trained with them in 2005. They promised me all sorts and have failed in every way. Had it not been for the fact I do a lot of facials a week, I wouldnt of continued with them. I havent found them helpful at all. The machine and results are brilliant, I cant fault that but the service is not good. When I first trained in 2005, the salon I worked in would get a monthly rep visit and get additional in salon training etc but now all I get is an email, I understand times have changed but the service has been non existent

I looked at buying a second hand one but by the time id factored in training (wasnt 'officially' trained) and a service it was going to workout about the same as buying a new machine! Im always really dubious about second hand as you dont know how its been treated before it gets to you!

When I went for training everyone in my class had bought s second hand machine and we all got treated the same. In my area 3 salons bought second hand machines and I think the rep visits them more than me! So I don't think it makes any difference to there customer service! It's just £200 a day training. But if I could go back I would of bought a second hand one and saved myself a few thousand [emoji4] x

Thanks for your replies. I'm looking at a used one tomorrow. Very tempted as it works out less than half the price of a new one. I realise I'm taking a risk but it still works out a lot cheaper than a new one, even after spending £1,000 on training.
I used to offer CACI 9years ago but sold my business (and machine) when I started a family. Now, 9 years on, I'm just concerned it's not as popular as it used to be. I used to do at least 2 treatments per day and it was my main income. Are you guys still busy with CACI? Do you mainly do basic lift or is wrinkle comb, hydratone mask and microdermabrasion just as popular.

Also do CACI need to inspect and service machine before they allow you to open account?

I'm doing two to four CACI's a day, and still get people asking for courses (but as I can't fit them in I send them to other local salons). I don't do any basic CACI's anymore. I mainly do CACI Ultra (probably about 75%), but I have a few where I do a combination of CACI and SkinBreeze (microdermabrasion, o2 infusion and Hydratone), and a couple where I do a Decleor express facial with CACI lifting. I would definitely get the Jowl Lift add-on as that is extremely popular and gets great results on the cheeks!

Yes definitely popular I do 2 a day - any more and my back gets sore- I have 3 other therapists trained to use it to so and everyone uses it at some point in the day. still doing courses and keeping maintenance app up. I managed to pay my machine off after a year, so it did better than expected. If you believe it you can sell it! That's the Moto I go with! I have an ultra but do mostly micro currant, yes def get a jowl lift as so many ladies want that area a little tighter! Hydrotone also great to have as add on! X

Go for a new one.. Avoid purchasing the second hand machine..

Hi Julie,

Just double check you're getting a good warranty/service of the device from CACI
Otherwise microcurrent treatments are good, I've found for those up till 30 to 35 but once they get deeper set wrinkles it's not been as effective - not sure what everyone else has found.

Best wishes,
Mel

Very excited to have purchased a second hand ultimate. It's only worked 150 hours. I've booked my training for 7th April. I originally did my CACI training back in the 90s and would like to know if the basic lift procedure has changed much? I've only booked for one day ultimate training at the moment. Not sure whether it's worth forking out another £700 by just going over what I already know?
Just working on pricing. Are there any home based CACI therapists out there? Would love to hear how much you charge?
Already have clients booked in

Julie I'm having same debate myself shall I buy a new or secondhand caci I'm home based too. Where did u buy your second hand machine from if u don't mind me asking? eBay?

A gentle reminder to all please, selling and buying (including offers for sale and purchase) of items, products or equipment, is not allowed anywhere on Salon Geek.

For those interested, members of The Beauty Guild are able to place free ads in their classifieds section.

Thank you.

A gentle reminder to all please, selling and buying (including offers for sale and purchase) of items, products or equipment, is not allowed anywhere on Salon Geek.

For those interested, members of The Beauty Guild are able to place free ads in their classifieds section.

Thank you.
Me 2i love caci thinking of second hand as well any ideas ? Where I can buy one ?

Me 2i love caci thinking of second hand as well any ideas ? Where I can buy one ?

eBay seller - northpremier salon (or similar name....)
He services salon machines and sells pre-owned ones too

Caci's customer service sucks and that's when you buy a new machine and take out extra warranty. I used to have an amazing rep who I regularly saw, she's now left and after initially being introduced to the new rep I've not seen her since, that was last summer!! So what I'm saying is wether you have a reconditioned machine or brand new one, support isn't great and you will probably be rowing your own boat.

A big however!! Caci has taken my salon to the next step, I've now had to pay the price and go VAT registered :(. All my clients who have had the first 10 treatments are addicted, it really gets results, it's an amazing machine and in my opinion the best on the market.

Many thanks caraloyise for your advice re caci machine certainly poor re support from the company when you pay all that money from a machine

Latest posts

Back