Should I change my name

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geeg said:
With respect to all of you who had never heard of the brand Creative before you did your training, it IS the best branded product line in the industry and featurs in all the glossy magazines and there are many who DO know and who request Creative technicians and Creative product.QUOTE]

i agree it is best, just wish i could afford to do more training! I am saving though, i so want to be a creative tech!:biggrin:

This is a tough one and so many people have given you different options. At the end of the day you have to do what suits you best. perhaps if you want to get away from the Creative name if you can't afford to change it completely perhaps there's a way to do it simply. Perhaps, Nail Creativity by Clare,

Just a thought, then you are definately using the word as a description, not a company name, hope this helps.

I think that if you still like the name and are happy with it you should stick with it. Theres nothing to stop you letting customers who enquire about you knowing the brand of products you use. I think to the majority of customers your name is saying you are creative with nails - not the brand.

To be honest i think if you asked 10 of your clients to write down 3 different nail companies they would strugle with 1, my first thought was about you not what product you used....and i'm creative trained.

I like the name Nail Creativity BY Clare. I don't know it all so confusing. I understand that you all feel that Creative is the best product on the market, not that I've tried it yet. I originally used star nails and then switched to NSI because I liked the simplicite range and all the different technocolours they do that I can use for acrylic nail art. What do people think of NSI's L&P's. I heard lots of people rave about their new balence gels. What are your opinions??

collins said:
I like the name Nail Creativity BY Clare. I don't know it all so confusing. I understand that you all feel that Creative is the best product on the market, not that I've tried it yet. I originally used star nails and then switched to NSI because I liked the simplicite range and all the different technocolours they do that I can use for acrylic nail art. What do people think of NSI's L&P's. I heard lots of people rave about their new balence gels. What are your opinions??
In my eyes NSI Gel Balance is the best thing since sliced bread and oh man do i love my bread lol! and have just received the sample kit for the Acrylic which i cant wait to try but then each to their own its your choice i dont see why you should change your products if your happy with them like i dont see why you should change your name if your happy with it...however if your not happy then go with what works for you. If my company name was called for example Creative Nails by Kell and i was happy with that there would be no way i would change it just because there is a product called the same thing, dont let it confuse you and dont lose sleep over it x x

With the balance gels I now they have done two ranges of differents colours but I dont think they do Coloured glitter gel and I think this looks fab on the tips only. I;ve seen someone with a set of Grafton Gel nails and she had orange glitter tips that looked really good. Do you think I could add glitter to the NSI gels? Can the coloured NSI gels be mixed?

collins said:
With the balance gels I now they have done two ranges of differents colours but I dont think they do Coloured glitter gel and I think this looks fab on the tips only. I;ve seen someone with a set of Grafton Gel nails and she had orange glitter tips that looked really good. Do you think I could add glitter to the NSI gels? Can the coloured NSI gels be mixed?
Hi i havent got to that stage yet lol! but im sure you can use glitter with the gel i dont see any reason why you couldnt no doubt if you cant someone will correct me, NSI do a fab range of nail art stuff and im sure they offer glitter but may have to double check that x x

You can defo mix the balance gels with the glitter. Phone NSI and ask to be sent the balance video, there are some great ideas at the end which include adding crushed coloured shells to the gel tip. (This video was been sent out free a few weeks age-not sure if it still is).

ALEX said:
You can defo mix the balance gels with the glitter. Phone NSI and ask to be sent the balance video, there are some great ideas at the end which include adding crushed coloured shells to the gel tip. (This video was been sent out free a few weeks age-not sure if it still is).
Hi Alex is right, sorry completely forgot i got the DVD sent to me last week and it was free and very helpful x

Thanks I'll give NSI and ring and see if they are still sending the video's out. Would you say that Balance is better than Creative gels?

Hi Clare - to be honest I think you should leave your name as it is. It's what you started with and I didn't think it was misleading at all. Like you, I had never heard of Creative until I came to this website so just thought you were very creative as did almost everyone else! You've already built up a clientele so why confuse them and change? Where did you train? I am just starting to go for courses and whilst I like the sound of Creative they are not convenient for me and also seem v expensive just for one course - altho I know everyone will say they are the best and I have no doubt that they are! I just wish I could afford it! All the best, HH

Hi Hagridshut

I did my VTCT at a local College one evening a week for a year, I think its about the same as A NVQ level 2. It covered 1 term Manicure and I got my Certificate and then did nail extensions for the second term and Nail art for the third. Doing it this way at College does cost less but takes longer. I found the advantage being that I have a valid qualification after my training. You could do a couple of days course with a certain company ie star or NSI or Creative, but you would only be trained in their system. If you do a qualification first then go on to a company you want to train with and expand your knowlege. After my course I did the star nail gel, pedicure and airbrushing course, as they were local to my area, athough now changed to NSI.

aT THE END OF THE DAY ITS WHAT BEST FOR YOU. HOW LONG DO YOU WANT TO TRAIN IN AND HOW MUCH HAVE YOU GOT TO SPEND? Contact you local adult ed or college and see what they offer. GOOD LUCK

Latest posts

Back