Should I charge for removal for allergic reaction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcb85

Reaction score
Hi felliw geeks,

I did a set of SP lashes Sunday morning for 3 friends. 1 one of which contacted me today to say her right eye is very swollen and saw and getting worse so I'm going over tonight to remove them.
The other 2 are fine.
I only charge £7 for removal but unsure if I should charge. Although we patch tested and it wasn't my fault she reacted...I feel bad charging her but I suppose business is business? What would you do?

Xx

Hi felliw geeks,

I did a set of SP lashes Sunday morning for 3 friends. 1 one of which contacted me today to say her right eye is very swollen and saw and getting worse so I'm going over tonight to remove them.
The other 2 are fine.
I only charge £7 for removal but unsure if I should charge. Although we patch tested and it wasn't my fault she reacted...I feel bad charging her but I suppose business is business? What would you do?

Xx

Personally I wouldn't charge, however, it's completely up to you xx I would feel too bad, but then I would also be removing them ASAP xxx

She's away until tonight so that will be the earliest.
I feel bad too but she lives 10 miles away and I did patch test and hence not my fault. Which is why I'm in a little turmoil lol
I know I'm a softie so I prob wouldn't charge xx

How about ask her to come to you and do it for free or if you have to go to her say the removal is free but you need to Charge to cover your traveling cost.

Is it deffinatly an allergic reaction? since only one eye has reacted could it possibly be a stye thats just been aggrivated by the lashes or something of this sort? xx

She's away until tonight so that will be the earliest.
I feel bad too but she lives 10 miles away and I did patch test and hence not my fault. Which is why I'm in a little turmoil lol
I know I'm a softie so I prob wouldn't charge xx

Ahhh if you need to travel to her to remove the set then I think its totally understandable and acceptable to be charging her for removal :biggrin:

Is it deffinatly an allergic reaction? since only one eye has reacted could it possibly be a stye thats just been aggrivated by the lashes or something of this sort? xx

Well I was wondering that myself do will look tonight incase an eyelash is irritating the eye somehow but an allergic reaction wouldn't necessarily affect both eyes right? Or am i wrong lol

Xx

Yes I think you're right blinkingorgeous.
I probably will as this was not something I did wrong x

I wouldn't charge.

Despite the fact you have done nothing wrong, if the client didn't have the lashes she wouldn't have had a reaction (allergy or not).

Think about it from the clients point of view. She is probably already disappointed that the lashes have turned out this way, without you adding insult to injury and charging for the removal. It would be different if she simply didn't like them or had to get them removed for work etc...

Think about the bigger picture and how she would react and tell everyone of the whole situation. Meaning that when people are annoyed they tend to bend the truth a little.

It's a one off hopefully. Good luck

P x

I wouldn't charge either as she has already paid you for something she can't have. I know it's not your fault at all. However look at it from her point of view she has had lashes she probably loved them. She can't have them due to allergy. Then you charge if she relays that story. Would you go to that person to have your lashes done? Rotten on you I know but for good pr I would remove for free xxx

Ok so all removed and I didn't end up charging. I'm hoping she will book again but I don't feel it was an allergic reaction as it was one eye that she wears a contact lense in and her eye was the most sore in one particular part but I couldn't see that a lash was irritating anywhere but I think it must have done as she said it felt better as soon as they came off

Xx

Latest posts

Back