Should I contact the salon who’s work I corrected?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LorraineS

Reaction score
I recently had a girl come to me asking me to remove her lash extensions. They were absolutely horrific and were sold to her as “hybrid lash extensions” they were bulks, far too much glue and she was in so much pain so I did a removal and advised her to rest her eyes from any makeup or other lash products for a while to give them time to heal. Should I contact the salon who applied these for her? I don’t want to step on any toes or annoy or upset anyone? I don’t feel it’s my job to do this but I don’t want the same thing happening to anyone else... ;/

Chances are it was done by the client themselves or a friend and they are telling total porkies.

I’ve had total newbies do ‘courses’ and glue each other’s eyelids together on many occasions.

Even if it was this other salon, chances are if they are doing work that bad they won’t care if you tell them it’s crap.

Your client can report them to the council but I think it’s best to avoid dobbing in the competition and making yourself a target for fake calls and fake appts and bad reviews.

Thank you for your reply x
so I know it’s another salon as the girl showed me the post they put up with her pic in it with the lashes freshly done, I don’t think I’m going to contact them as like you said - they probably won’t even care! I just don’t want to be going against a duty of care I may have to avoid other paying clients going through this.

How awful. If the other salon has posted the lashes are they advertised as a particular brand ? Maybe the brand would be interested to see the picture , it could put the ball in their court re dealing with it . If it’s a reputable brand they won’t want that sort of publicity online . If not it’s a difficult one , you don’t want to risk becoming a target . We need proper regulation 😫

Here’s your chance to lobby government. There’s a petition started by BABTAC to press for regulation in our industry to protect the public and our own businesses from Sub standard services which give the rest of us a bad name.

here’s a link to the petition

http://chng.it/sTmBJPwXPj

I had a similar situation last year, corrected a local salons work. They weren’t horrendous but they weren’t what she paid for, they were all falling out. A friend of mine does holistic therapies in that salon so I contacted her and told her to tell her lash tech that her glue must’ve gone off as I’d had a client in that I had to correct. Never mentioned anything other than that. The client contacted the original salon as she felt she needed to tell them she wasn’t happy and they were extremely rude to her and made out that I’d contacted them slating their work. I thought I was doing them a favour and I was made out to look like the bad one, never again, il do mine, they can do theirs!

Latest posts

Back