Should I do level 3 hairdressing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littleaspi

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I completed my level 2 hairdressing back in 1999. I left hairdressing in 2001 after my son was born. I never went back to hairdressing and started doing office work.
In 2008 I completed refresher course at my local college. To be honest it was a waste of time. I basically just completed my level 2 again.

Anyway, I want to get back into hairdressing. I also want to complete a hair extension course. Do you think its worth doing hairdressing level 3?
I need to build my confidence and honesty don’t know where to start.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Are you looking to go self employed or employed in a salon?
Did you keep your hand in cutting and colouring hair for family and friends or nothing at all?
Assuming you’ve been out of hairdressing for so long, I think it would be sensible to do your level 3 and learn about the new techniques and products such as balayage and colour reducers.

Are you looking to go self employed or employed in a salon?
Did you keep your hand in cutting and colouring hair for family and friends or nothing at all?
Assuming you’ve been out of hairdressing for so long, I think it would be sensible to do your level 3 and learn about the new techniques and products such as balayage and colour reducers.
I’m looking at working in a salon then eventually working on my own.
I still do my family’s hair, however I definitely need to learn some new techniques. Especially balayage.

Thank you for replying. I’m going to start looking into some colleges to complete level 3 and then eventually complete a course on hair extensions and advanced cutting

Thanks again

freesaloneducation.com is a good website and they have really detailed YouTube tutorials. Definitely have a look at them for inspiration.

Latest posts

Back