should i give money back

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corrine1983

Reaction score
hello..... everyone

before i started working in manchester, i was renting a table at 50 quid a day in my own town of huddersfield do you think that was reasonable?

next question, i did a previous client of the girl who rented before me. anyway.... i put her a set of fibreglass nails on, however they didnt last long as she had them quite long and plus they didnt seem strong enough.......... ok i know i maybe i shouldnt of let her leave with me thinking that.
anyway, they didnt last long and came off, i offered her a new set free of charge, and a rebalance free of charge too. i tidied them up and gave her a manicure, and booked her i the week after, she arrived and said she didnt want enhancements on and wanted to let her nails breathe. so i performed another manicure, free of charge.

a few weeks after when i left the salon, she decided she wanted her money back after 4 weeks of me doing the first free manicure.
i was gonna give i back but should i, not sure what to do.

thanks alot
corrine
xxx

hello..... everyone

before i started working in manchester, i was renting a table at 50 quid a day in my own town of huddersfield do you think that was reasonable? Sounds expensive to me! I was offered a room for £20, which is pretty mucjh gping rate I think.

next question, i did a previous client of the girl who rented before me. anyway.... i put her a set of fibreglass nails on, however they didnt last long as she had them quite long and plus they didnt seem strong enough.......... ok i know i maybe i shouldnt of let her leave with me thinking that.
anyway, they didnt last long and came off, i offered her a new set free of charge, and a rebalance free of charge too. i tidied them up and gave her a manicure, and booked her i the week after, she arrived and said she didnt want enhancements on and wanted to let her nails breathe. so i performed another manicure, free of charge.

a few weeks after when i left the salon, she decided she wanted her money back after 4 weeks of me doing the first free manicure.
i was gonna give i back but should i, not sure what to do. Don't refund, you've done enough! You offered a free set and a rebalance which she chose not to have....... 4 weeks down the line she can whistle! She's taking the mick IMO.

thanks alot
corrine
xxx

hth's

She is very definitely taking the mick. Don't give in hun. x

I also agree with Vetty's diplomatic approach!! You made her a more than generous offer, and she turned it down, she can't change her mind now after 4 weeks.

I do hope you told this client that her nails do not breath though!!!

hello..... everyone

before i started working in manchester, i was renting a table at 50 quid a day in my own town of huddersfield do you think that was reasonable?

i was gonna give i back but should i, not sure what to do.

thanks alot
corrine
xxx
You realized the enhancements were not stong enough and you offered her a repeat set free of charge. Fair enough!

Then at her request you removed them a gave a free manicure. If she was not happy there and then, she should have brought it to you attention there and then and not 4 weeks down the line.

Most shops eg) clothing stores, do not refund after 28 days unless there is a manufacture defect. In this case the defect was removed, as requested by the client. You are quite within your rights IMO to politely refuse a refund.

May I just ask though, if you are certain that the second set of enhancements were strong enough? If not, then you may need to work on that for the future so this doesn't happen again as it may knock your confidence. HTH xx

After four weeks .... she's definitely trying to pull a fast one.

PS: £50.00 rent a day sounds pretty steep to me.

You've done her free manicure and inbalance and replaced the set for free, in my opinion she is taking the mick.

Have you phoned trading standards, I had a similar situation and rang them and they said I was well within my rights to not refund this particular client. It also gives you back up if you need to ring her as you can tell her what they have said.

Does she think your head buttons up the back or something.

Just tell her NO NO NO you have went out of your way to rectify the situation and have already done her a free tidy up and manicure as well as offered her a freee set of nail and rebalance she has declinded thats her progrative.

You are under no further obligation to give her... her money back (bloody cheek).
There is always one who chances there luck:irked:

Dont be badgered into somthing just say NO.

Keep your chin up Catherine

Just to add my opinion -

NOPE :green:

You gave her a free manicure and tidy - you offered her more than that, she chose not to accept it.

Her problem not yours. Put it across nicely of course, but be firm too - sometimes clients like to try their luck if they know they have got one freebie out of you :hug:

£50 a day rent takes the pee unless it was harvey nicks or such like:green:

Also....the woman is preying on your good nature (and lack of being able to tell when you trousers are being pulled down)

Learn from this, tell her you have MORE THAN accomodated her...she has had treatments over and above what she paid for and NO WAY was she going to get another penny!

SOME PEEPS:eek:

Does she think your head buttons up the back or something.[/quote

LMAO......:lol::lol:

Just to add my twopenneth in, do as the grangehill gang did
"Just Say NO"

Actually tell her that you are more than happy to give her a refund, but indoing this you will have to charge her for the manicure and rebalance. You removed the set and done another set. When she contacts tell her you are more than happy to refund then give her the bill minus her refund, she should still owe you money..........:):):):)

£50 a day sounds too much to me unless you are booked solid and charging a good price for your services.

I think you have been more than fair in what you have offered. A full refund is totally unfair for her to even have the cheek to ask.:hug:

you have done everything right i would not give her any money back

definitely, no refund!
You realised the first set weren't as they should be, and had she asked for her money back at that point she would have been entitled to do so, but after accepting the more than generous services you have given to rectify the problem, she is not only not entitled to a refund, but also has a damn cheek in my opinion!! :smack:

It sounds to me like she has picked up on the fact that you are being perhaps overly generous in trying to rectify the problem, and she is seeing just how generous you are prepared to be! Tell her no, otherwise before you know it she will be telling all her mates, who will book appointments, then reappear a week later after they "fell off" demanding their free treatments PLUS their money back.

good luck, be firm with her :green:

p.s I would recommend that all techs get themselves a copy of S.13 and 14 of the Sale of Goods Act, handy for dealing with difficult situations like these

hello..... everyone

*Faints* that equates to $136.092 NZD a DAY OMG how where u ever making a profit? thats 2 full sets for me.. leaving room for maybe 2 more if I had the bookings - IMO thats really UN-reasonable.

you acted impeccably wheras this 'client' isn't. Stand by your guns, if she asks for a refund or you need to reply to her, state that you have professionally rectified the situation beyond what is stated as good practice and ethics. If she asks again, repeat what you just said, and keep on repeating it.
She's written you off as a doormat and is just pushing her luck. Has she done this elsewhere?

Latest posts

Back