Should i give up nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi there

just reading all the replies and as i have the same sort of problems all your advise is very helpful.

can i ask another question tho??? once i have worked my way through the files and start buffing the nails i see that there are lots of little bubbles within the acrylic, i am not sure why i always get this, i was tought at college to roll my brush around in the monomer to remove all the air bubbles from it, could it be air bubbles still in my brush or could it be to do with getting the ration of liquid and powder wrong.

i too am not very confident in my ability as i only work from home part time, i never feel completely happy with my sets and always wonder is my client really is happy with them or if they are just saying that, most of my clients are people i know and i do tell them to let me know if they have any probs and ill put it right for them.

i guess lots more practise is in need.:rolleyes:

Hi Hun!! I had this problrm quite often before I did the creative course, I have been in a salon for two years and since doing creative in Jan I never have theese problems anymore, the only thing other than the product that I find Im doing differantly is making sure the product isnt applied to thick in zone 3 and making sure it is blended well into the nail especialy at the sidewalls so there is no line it should be invisible!

Hope this helps

Nikki.x

Problem: bubbles (and their many causes)

Potential causes:

mix ratio. Incorrect Mix Ratio– Too Wet/Dry Incorrect mix ratio can cause air or vapor to become trapped or make tiny bubbles become large and visible.

Wet Primer Solvents in primer become trapped in enhancement and may vaporize, causing bubbles.

Incorrect Brush Technique Brushes can whip and/or transfer air bubbles into the product.

Excessive Heat During application heat can create evaporation

Improper Product Contact, Insufficient product contact with the surface of the nail plate and/or tip leads to adhesion loss.

Possible Solutions:

Avoid using product too wet resulting in excessive shrinking:
• Product shrinkage enlarges existing bubbles
• Makes tiny, invisible bubbles grow in size Shrinkage may cause product to pull away from nail, especially the apex of the thumb:
• Large lifted area in center of the plate Avoid using product too dry:
• Powder holds air and entraps it
• Initially product is much thicker and holds bubbles

I think a trip to Manchester GMEX is in order - I mean it have a look at the way other technicians use their brush and talk to them, I know your on the other side of the country but you'll get food for thought.
Flatten the brush in the bottom of the dappen dish - if your using a lil tiddly one get a bigger one! release the correct amount of liquid firmly from the brush and dont drag it around the powder.

Dont be down it takes time, try practicing on you own hands and scrutinize them everyday so you know how they're getting on.

Salon-wise its a hard one - do you get to choose what services you do, if so maybe perfect the gel. Meanwhile get a few clients who are loyal to you and have them as l&p clients, monitor your work and get your confidence back up. Ignore the receptionist - she shouldnt even be speaking to you when you have clients.

Latest posts

Back