Should I go lighter or darker?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moopie

Reaction score
I have naturally somewhat "mousey" blonde hair, but it's on the lighter side. Whats REALLY weird is that my eyelashes and eyebrows are a little darker than a light brown!!

I've gone through many colors, including deep browns (about a year and many deep conditioning treatments ago, no worries), but I've never gone more than a shade lighter than my natural color. My roots are growing out now - my hair is slightly lighter than my natural and a little more golden.

My eyebrows always seem to be too dark for me to pull off the light blonde look! Has anyone had any experience with this? My eyebrows are darker than my natural hair color... it's really strange!

I'd love to go lighter, but I'm scared I will look like a true bottle blonde without doing something about my eyebrows!

I would go to the salon to fix this (I have a great cut/colorist) but I'm truly terrified of what she might do, as even she thought my coloring was odd when she saw my roots.

Any suggestions?! Thanks!!

why not try a high/ low lites..Go one shade darker than your natural and one to 2 shades lighter. both done with foiling. The effects would give you a blonde look but blend in your eyebrow with it.

why not try a high/ low lites..Go one shade darker than your natural and one to 2 shades lighter. both done with foiling. The effects would give you a blonde look but blend in your eyebrow with it.

I love this suggestion JD. Moopie...I'll add that with this foiling, if it's done subtly, your hair will grow out softer and more naturally.

And I think that it's natural to have brows darker than your hair color, especially when your young. Your Stylist could lighten them ever so softly...and I mean very slightly. Because Brows lighter than your hair can look really really weird.:green:

And I think that it's natural to have brows darker than your hair color,

I agree ! If they are shaped perfectly they really compliment the face and eyes.

I tint mine jet black which is a few shades darker than my hair.

I also agree a great colourist will be able to create the look you require using the above techniques x

I think this sounds the perfect solution for your darker brows, and you get your blonde too
jolly good advice JDs:)

Latest posts

Back