Should I just give it up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lease

Reaction score
Hi Girls and Boys!!

I have been a tech for a long time and lost my confidence by my employer so i gave it up as a full time roll went to london and was working for a newspaper...got made redundant 2 week before christmas so i decided to get back into the nail industry. spent a little bit of my redundancy on nice new products business cards e.t.c. My problem is my hubbio thinks i am wasting my time and should get a "proper Job" the nail industry is my passion and when i am earning the money he is happy to help spend it!! I just dont get it - things are slow at the moment but i am having to start from scratch, should i go back to the city or crack on with what i really love??

Has anyone got any advice or any ideas on how to prove him wrong?

:cry:

any feedback would be appreciated.

x

Hi, yes it is quite at the minute for anyone!...if thats what you love you go for it girl xx

Hi babes, it is quiet but you need to start from scratch and it takes time, dont let it knock you. You only get one shot at life so dont waste it doing something you dont enjoy. It is going to take a lot of time, hard work & training to break through but you will if you really want it. Start studying hard and getting some advice and prove him wrong, that is your challenge and this site will help you. Good luck. xxx

I support anyone trying to make it in nails though I will just ask you to ask yourself - whilst you were working away did you do many nails?, are you familliar with the industry still?, can you do both? will it cause major friction in your relationship?

You dont have to plunge straight back into nails you can work and do nails part-time building up your skill and confidence until you are ready.

Hiya...I agree with the other geeks here, you go for it!! Life is too short for plodding along doing something you don't want to do. You are passionate about the nail industry and with hard work and determination you will achieve :hug:

I think the only way you can prove it is by DOING it.If you are really passionate about it, you can make it work but you have to give it your all.
Its not a nice feeling when you havent got the support but you will only have regrets if you dont go for it. Im lucky in the way that I have got support from family. I started out in 2007 and im going back soon for some more training to boost my confidence. Like someone else said, maybe you should do that too. Good luck:hug:

Thanks Girls,

The advice has been greatly received - I was still doing nails whilst working full time, so i still have the skills, i am looking at courses at the moment actually as a confidence boost!

The nail industry is my passion I eat sleep and breath it!! I bore people coz i dont shut up !! hee hee

Even when i was at the newspaper my articles were either about the Nail industry or beauty, so my passion has never gone away.

Thanks again i feel much much better

x

:hug:

That's fantastic to hear so def go for it

as the girls have said, one life and one chance in this big old world of ours, it would be a pity to do something you didnt enjoy.

best of luck to you and please let us know how you are getting on.

tigi

If you are that passionate then go for!! obviously you dont want it to cause friction in your relationship but surely your hubby doesnt want you doing a job you hate?

godd luck and i hope it all works out for you x

Go for what you WANT flower - as the others have said,you only get one shot at life, so make yours count

hi,

I agree, you live once, do what you want with passion.

I qualified last year, and trying to research into going mobile as i work full time as well. But like u say i really enjoying doing nail, its relaxing, challenging, and the end product makes you feel so good!!

Ive only done nail on friends & family and still feel im not that great, but i am determind i want to get the right products get a bit of advertising and gona go go go!

Dont give up!!

Latest posts

Back