Should I learn to sculpt?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailnewbie32

Reaction score
I've never done it before but after watching and reading so many tutorials, most of them have been on forms ( I was looking for tips on building the apex in the tutorials) They do look like they would save time ( most of my time is spent sizing and blending tips) it also looks like you have a bit more control over the shape of the nail.

These are only observations on my behalf as I've never even had a form in my hands before.

I use gel by the way but haven't ruled out testing acrylics ( again they look so much easier to use)

So is sculpting a skill everyone should have?

Jen x

Hi Hun
I would have to say yes definitely I have totally turned to sculpting instead of using tips on every new set I do now and I love it. It takes a lot of practice but it's worth it!
It def gives u a stronger nail as you have no weak Point where the tip is stuck on with glue which we know doesn't really have any strength.
With it just being one piece of gel from cuticle to free edge there is no weak point.
Ps I use gel too make sure you have a thick gel that doesn't run about to make your life easier!!
Hope you get on ok xxx:biggrin:

Ah thanks :)

I think the nails just have a nicer look about them.

I'm actually in the market for new gel (training brand almost gone)

I'd also love to have a go at sculpting different shape tips, I have filed tips in to points/almond shape but man it's a lot of work! LOL

oooh kinda excited now LOL

Latest posts

Back