Should I let this client go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma@TheLaurel

Reaction score
I have a lady trying Shellac. first time it lasted 2 days, so I reapplied. Then it lasted 4. Came to the conclusion it was possibly the hydrocortisone cream she used daily so gave her glove for when she was applying it. The shellac then lasted to over a week. I now have tried two top coats. This has been successful taking her up to at least a week and a half. BUT, the last time she had it done, the night before I was to remove and reapply she picked every nail off so that her nails were flakey. I explained the next application may not last due to this and sure enough after 3 days it has lifted. She is, understandably, wondering whether to continue and so am I. What now? Help.

I would say she is a picker lol they don't even always know they are doing it. I have one person who tells me they come of funny as I did crystals all over her ring finger they were the only ones that didn't come off x

I have a lady trying Shellac. first time it lasted 2 days, so I reapplied. Then it lasted 4. Came to the conclusion it was possibly the hydrocortisone cream she used daily so gave her glove for when she was applying it. The shellac then lasted to over a week. I now have tried two top coats. This has been successful taking her up to at least a week and a half. BUT, the last time she had it done, the night before I was to remove and reapply she picked every nail off so that her nails were flakey. I explained the next application may not last due to this and sure enough after 3 days it has lifted. She is, understandably, wondering whether to continue and so am I. What now? Help.

If she's going to faff around and pick then she isn't suited to shellac. Your not a miracle worker hun. Shellac is a fantastic product on the right person who looks after her nails and abides by the aftercare that is given. It sounds to me like she would be better suited to nail polish.:biggrin:

some ppl cant help picking at them!!

i would explain to her again that the only way they are going to last is if she looks after them and doesnt pick. Then offer her either something stronger as in gel or l&p or say that she could just have then painted and as file and polish is cheaper she can have them done more often if this suits her.

dont worry too much hun, you have tried and nothing more you can do than that!x

Thanks folks. I have just explained all of this to her and she was very understanding, agreed that she shouldn't have picked but also asked if she could call on me for ordinary manis. I really appreciate your replies and feel so much better following your support. Xxxx

Latest posts

Back