Should I look to rent a chair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexica1

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Im new to hair extensions, qualified a couple of months ago in nano, micro, fusion, micro weft and la weave.

Ive done a couple of each as case studies and now ive started advertising for clients mobile. However im not getting much response, I know it takes time but Im starting to get frustrated. I keep on top of my facebook page and Ive just sent my leaflets to print but Im wondering if I might be better off approaching local salons and asking about renting a chair. Theres lots of competition in my area for mobile extensions but not many salons offering them.

I wouldnt even know where to start with renting a chair tho as in h0w much I would be expected to pay, how may days a week I would be expected to be there etc.

Any geeks got any experience wit this, Id love to hear any advice

Thanks x

You could start with just one day ( pref one with a late night) and go from there. It's normally either a set daily rate or 60/40 % split with the 60% to who
Ever provides products. I'm sure there's salons near you that would be interested.

Hi Geeks,

Im new to hair extensions, qualified a couple of months ago in nano, micro, fusion, micro weft and la weave.

Ive done a couple of each as case studies and now ive started advertising for clients mobile. However im not getting much response, I know it takes time but Im starting to get frustrated. I keep on top of my facebook page and Ive just sent my leaflets to print but Im wondering if I might be better off approaching local salons and asking about renting a chair. Theres lots of competition in my area for mobile extensions but not many salons offering them.

I wouldnt even know where to start with renting a chair tho as in h0w much I would be expected to pay, how may days a week I would be expected to be there etc.

Any geeks got any experience wit this, Id love to hear any advice

Thanks x
It does take a while to get on your feet - i qualified in Sept and have done 3 so far, got another one booked in for Nov and i find that once i upload a picture thats when i get the responses. Make sure you are promoting on Instagram and use hash tags for your area. x

It's so disheartening at the start! It takes time though and word of mouth seems to work best.

Yes its really frustrating. Im just going to keep trying and hope things pick up. I'll probably give it a few more weeks before I start approaching salons. Im just really eagre to get going. Thanks for your lovely comments

Oh sorry I think my 1 year old might have been trying to join in [emoji23] x

Latest posts

Back