should i move

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ste

Reaction score
hi all, i know nobody can do this for me but i will ask anyway, i have rented a room in a hair salon for 3 years now done lots of things leaflet drops ect, and a few months ago i put a nail station in the salon, the girl who owns the salon is very nice and very fair but dosenot need to work so most of the time she dosnt, comes and goes as she pleases, the salon is a tip hair stations falling to bits and shampoo area smells of damp :eek: not just a bit untidy, the other girls and i have all said it needs sortin but nothind has bin done now the thing is my freind has opend a salon and said i can go there and do nails and hair but would have to do old beauty clients mobile i just dont know what to do i like where i am but dont want to be in a dead end salon, cients stating to drop of too every thing i do in a advertising way is for the salon as i have to put there address and tell number on if the salon is geting a bad name i dont want it, ahhhh !!!! what shal i do :confused: feel a bit better just geting it of my chest, x

there is nothing worse than going into salon...hairdresses....friend,s house and it smells and is untidy.....if you have tried having a word with the lady you rent it off and still nothing ,then i would leave because if you stay....your client,s wont.....the lady could be the nicest person in the world but if you know she is dirty then you steer clear....it,s hard as you dont wont to hurt people,s feeling,s(i have told people there problem,s and i dont have them as friend,s anymore) so you must think of yourself....give the lady notice and leave hun ....thats my honest opion xxx

wouldnt say she dirty just not botherd if you know whet i mean

It may be way beyond the call of duty but you could always offer to help decorate and tidy up the salon on a day off. A lick of paint and some elbow grease may help. Ask her to pay for the paint and cleaning materials. It would at least make you feel better about your suroundings.

It's up to you whether you want to give up your time and labour to do this but if she's not going to then at least it will look better and help you in the long term. You could always rope in the other girls and friends and family to help. Just say you think it could do with a make over and that you would be willing to help out. This may even make her take notice and do something about it.

I know this is her responsibilty but she doesn't seem to notice and if you stay there it may be worth the effort.

I understand if this idea does not apeal to you atall but it is an option, as is leaving the salon. :hug:

i see your point and would do this but thats not the problem her other half is a builder yep a builder and the paints ok its baisens leakin worktop/ styling stations falling off the wall pat testing in salon not done she likes to say she has a salon but dont think she really wants it if you know what i mean :confused:

think that she isn;t going to take any notice and would resent you telling her how to run the business, although she could do with it!!!

Tell her you have had a letter from health and safety and that they are planning an inspection!! If that doesn't make her sit up and take notice - get them in. They won't close her down, but will get her to put things right. The salon does not sound very safe.
In the mean time print out some client feedback cards and give them to every client to fill out honestly. You can then judge how your surroundings are effecting your business and make a decision from there.
If you have been there 3 years, you must have put alot of work into building your client list up, so make sure you have upto date records on all your clients. Use your most trusted clients as a sounding board, to see how they would feel about home visits.
If she gets things sorted out, get involved, help out and get enthusiastic, she probably realises how bad it is, but is burrowing her head in the sand, probably why she does not come in very much.
I'm sure any of you out there know that a builder is usually loathe to do work on his own castle!
If it gets done, hold a great big relaunch party.
Sometimes people need a bit of a shock to act on something. try it, I bet it works. She might even get a bit of pride back in the place.

Latest posts

Back