Should I offer a choice of tans to cover all bases?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
I’ve recently trained with SiennaX and I’m planning to go mobile soon but I’ve noticed most mobile tanning in the area is either £10/15 so I was thinking of putting SiennaX down as £20 but maybe offer a cheaper solution, still a good one for around £10.
What do you all think I’m really not sure...
Thank u :)))

Hi everyone :)
I’ve recently trained with SiennaX and I’m planning to go mobile soon but I’ve noticed most mobile tanning in the area is either £10/15 so I was thinking of putting SiennaX down as £20 but maybe offer a cheaper solution, still a good one for around £10.
What do you all think I’m really not sure...
Thank u :)))
Hi you answered to my post earlier, thank you. All I can say is, after sourcing products at the lowest price I could possibly find and then working out all costs, if you were to charge £10 like most do, you would only be earning about £5 ish for your self, the time ends up being more time consuming to us mobile techs than salons as well as fuel costs... so my train of thought was to try train in other areas and offer them along side and if spray tanners want to pay your price they do, but I think the more I think about it, I’d rather not do “cheapo” services and would choose my precious free time over that (as I’m a mum of 2 just trying to earn a living in her “spare” time) xx

Hi you answered to my post earlier, thank you. All I can say is, after sourcing products at the lowest price I could possibly find and then working out all costs, if you were to charge £10 like most do, you would only be earning about £5 ish for your self, the time ends up being more time consuming to us mobile techs than salons as well as fuel costs... so my train of thought was to try train in other areas and offer them along side and if spray tanners want to pay your price they do, but I think the more I think about it, I’d rather not do “cheapo” services and would choose my precious free time over that (as I’m a mum of 2 just trying to earn a living in her “spare” time) xx
P.S And also charge £20 leaving offer days open to £15... regardless of the brand, find a good one and charge what you charge.

No probs :) yeah that’s true about £10 so maybe a £15 option? It’s really just to give myself a chance as I’m new to all this just recently trained plus so much competition. When I did my SiennaX training, the instructor said it’s best not to charge any less than £18 for their tan as this would “cheapen the brand” she’s got a point as it is a quality company. Yeah same, I think more training would be a great idea, this is what I’m doing at the moment just to add a few extra services plus it’ll allow me to make up treatment packages etc. I’ve seen another post here where the person said they have a minimum call out charge think it was either £15/20 not sure but it’s maybe an option for those who are doing smaller, cheaper treatments like a brow tint etc.
[emoji171]

No probs :) yeah that’s true about £10 so maybe a £15 option? It’s really just to give myself a chance as I’m new to all this just recently trained plus so much competition. When I did my SiennaX training, the instructor said it’s best not to charge any less than £18 for their tan as this would “cheapen the brand” she’s got a point as it is a quality company. Yeah same, I think more training would be a great idea, this is what I’m doing at the moment just to add a few extra services plus it’ll allow me to make up treatment packages etc. I’ve seen another post here where the person said they have a minimum call out charge think it was either £15/20 not sure but it’s maybe an option for those who are doing smaller, cheaper treatments like a brow tint etc.
[emoji171]
Maybe offer an “introductory” price whilst youre new xx

Yeah, sounds good, thanks [emoji4][emoji171]

Latest posts

Back