Should I put expiry date on my offer vouchers? Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybyselina

Reaction score
hello everyone just need a little bit of advice,
one of my clients works in my local travel agents and has asked me to take part in a club 18-30s promotion they have on in january as they are making goody bags and want me to do an offer, i am giving them £5 vouchers to put in the goody bags but not sure wether to put an expirey date on in case some book the hol in august, should i keep it valid untill end of august of just a few months? what do you guys think? x

Hi there

Im probably not the best person to give advice as I have only started up recently myself.

However all the offers I have done have had a expiry date on, otherwise it would just be endless

I normally have my vouchers valid for 6months from date of issue

HTH

lauren
xxx

i normally do 3 months with vouchers but as its for holidays booked in january for the year im not sure wether to put a few months or all year date on it :s

You should put an expirey on them because otherwise you could end up with people coming to you in 3 years time to demand their discount when you might not want to do it. You should also put that they cant be used in conjunction with any other offer. I usually put 6 month on mine if its one like that. A year if its one someone has paid for and I'll honor that after anyway x

We do vouchers with a 6 month expiary date. Make sure you state clearly on the voucher that they are non refundable and that anything after the date stated is nolonger valid! Then if they moan youve not done anything wrong and its stated!! Xx

Absolutely, they should have expiry dates.

Yeah i think its best...i usually put 12months

Yes defiantly put an expiry date! I put 12 months on mine from date they are purchased.
I have the terms and conditions on the back of them also. :)

I think you should aswell but most of the time people end up honouring an expired voucher don't they?

Unless it was like a year expired.

Is the travel agent promoting this for a certain time ie bookings up to August. If so you could match the expiry date and put on voucher 18-30 holiday promo. This way your covered, otherwise 6 months

from Debbie's HTC Sense

Latest posts

Back