Should I take it as a yes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasparkles201

Reaction score
Hi geeks, last week i applied to my council as im a council tenant to use my second bedroom as a home salon.

All i had to do was fill in a form and take it back which i did. last friday it had been a week so i decided to ring them up, couldnt speak to my housing officer but was told someone would call me back.

When i got the call i was told my application is being processed and they need to do some investigating on my tennacy which is normal, but he said to me on the phone that he didnt think there would be a problem, and he was pleased that i had asked for permission as alot of people dont bother.

So i will know the end of this coming week, but im wondering if i should take what he said as a yes?

What do you think?:eek:

It certainly sounds hopeful but I would not take anything less than a signed permission letter as a yes and even then I would go over it with a fine toothed comb! Well with my council that's what I would do as they are shocking!

It sounds hopeful, I think they are more concerned about how much traffic and parking it might cause, upset to neighbours and that you won't be having huge delivery vans at all hours of the day and night, good luck xx

Thanks geeks, im keeping my fingers crossed on this have got my first wedding booked as well, hopefully not much longer and i will know x

Fingers crossed for you. Hope it goes through ok. Wishing you all the best with your new venture :) x

Thanks Pinkeedee i am still waiting to hear x

I'm sure it will all go through fine but I would definitely wait for the official go ahead. I was told the same thing but then got a phonecall to say there had suddenly been an objection! :eek:

I'm now waiting for my application to go to Committee for a decision. It seems one of my neighbours has put in a concern re: the possible extra traffic it would cause. Hopefully they will see that this won't be the case. I'm only having 1 customer at a time so only 1 extra car on my drive?!

I'm sure yours will be much more straight forward but just so you're aware these things can happen.

By the way, if planning takes awhile to come through (mine certainly has) you could decide to do some mobile work until you get permission to work from the house. That's what I'm doing!

Good luck with it all hun! :biggrin: x

Latest posts

Back