Should I treat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celebalook

Reaction score
Hi
looked under carpul tunel but found nothing

i have a new client aged 87 years ring me to ask if i can sort her nails (manicure) i am not a nail tech but a beauty/hlistic therapist. She said she has had injections for her carpul tunel last week, she says her left hand doesn't have much feeling left in it? she just wants her nails sorting out as they are sharp etc, is it ok to do a manicure still without gp consent, she says she is happy for me to do it as she is nearly blind in one eye also and cannot manage to do much.
any advice appreciated.

my heart sys it is fine, but to be cautious at loss of sensation that's all

I dont see a problem myself. I just hope your one of the good technicians who doesnt cut the eponychium & only removes the real cuticle. So long as your service is gentle & she is left with beautiful nails you will find that you will end up with a whole load of other old biddies on your clients list too (like me)..
I have a good few ladies in their late 70's & 80's so just realise there wrists / fingers arent as flexible and you will do nicely x

i have just had the carpal tunnel operation on both hands and before that i had the steroid injections like you're describing. carpal tunnel doesn't contraindicate treatments it's not contagious and you can't make it any worse. since i got diagnosed i have found LOADS of people suffer from it.so you have probably done it on loads of people with the condition. i'm not a doctor by the way i'm a time served therapist so it's my personal opinion not medical. good luck
xxx
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks ladies
I am a good therapist who does not cut the eponychium, i use cnd products and tools and find these perfect for the manicure.

Hi
If memory serves Carpal Tunnel is to do with the nerve for the hand which runs through a tube in the wrist the surgery widens the tube so that the nerve has less friction! Injections are less invasive it would bother me more why she was having them. I have trouble with my carpal tunnel it is often linked to Repetitive Strain Injury. I would say that provided that the lady in question is not contraindicated shaping her nails would be fine without rotating her hand too much. Massage would be a no no for me and cuticle work if she has limited sensation would be risky if not a contraindicaton in itself. Any bending or twisting movements may cause discomfort with carpal tunnel I would treat as though she has a sprain type injury. Maybe limit to a reshape.

Latest posts

Back