Should I use only Creative nail files?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamusLady

Reaction score
Hi,

I use creative nail files for acrylics but was wondering if I'm best to use the creative files, or can i use cheaper alternatives with the same grits sizes. Are all files just as good just as long as its the same grit?

Please can i have ur opinion. Thank you :p

Personally I use non CND files and they are just as good and a fraction of the price.

I use non cnd files but i always use the koala to remove the shine as it gets in the sidewalls really well and i love the glossing board :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I normally use the Harmony files and love them, but I've tried cheaper alternatives even supercheap ebay ones and they are great:) If you're ebay-shopping just make sure they are real abrasives, not sand-papered sticks:p And get the right shape file you want:)

I use non CND files as well. I prefer to use individually wrapped files so my clients see me open a new file just for them. The individually wrapped files are a bit more money but the security my clients feel over getting a fresh file is worth it. I give them the file and ask them to bring it with them next time they come in. I also like the white files because they don't leave the residue the black files do.

Koalas are a must have buffer , I use them for solar oil buffing, refining , removing shine and hard to reach places like some toes ,

For enhancements I use them to seal the side walls.
They are totally sanitizeable .

I love kanga files for shaping free edges ,

I use my Efile for most enhancement bits , (de-bulk) and rebalance.

Main reason that I use my e file more and more is there seems to be stock issues here in Germany with hotshots and blizzard boards ,

Love the blizzard board!

Can I jump in & ask - aren't all files sanitisable then?

Hi can you give me info in koala files? They sound interesting.
I just Google but didn't come up with anything.

Abba

I use non CND files as well. I prefer to use individually wrapped files so my clients see me open a new file just for them. The individually wrapped files are a bit more money but the security my clients feel over getting a fresh file is worth it. I give them the file and ask them to bring it with them next time they come in. I also like the white files because they don't leave the residue the black files do.

Do you mind telling me where you get your individually wrapped white nail file from? Sounds really good. Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

many times i have tried cheaper files and find that they just dont last as long as paying that bit more so in the long run you dont end up saving money anyway!

also i find with the cheaper files that its easy to cut a clients skin but never have with creative or bio sculpture files hth

I find the same as souz.

I use NSI files which I love, but once I was on my way to a client and had run out of files, so nipped into Sally's to buy some. I bought 100 grit, 180 and 240.

Biggest mistake ever! I ended up slicing into the client's skin when tapering the side walls on a full set of L&P, I was absolutely mortified because I've never done it with my NSI files. I did use up the Sally's files (which didn't take long as they went blunt very quickly) and it happened on 3 other clients.

I've since gone back to my usual, favourite NSI files and never had that problem again.
Plus, they last AGES (especially the Endurance files) and look pro too, logo branded.

xxx

many times i have tried cheaper files and find that they just dont last as long as paying that bit more so in the long run you dont end up saving money anyway!

also i find with the cheaper files that its easy to cut a clients skin but never have with creative or bio sculpture files hth

Same here. I recently bought some 100/180 grit files from Sally's in desperation and they did the job, barely, they just don't last. for a pack of 10 they were not much cheaper than CND either.

Cnd files last much longer so you are actually getting more for your money and probably saving in the long run.

Having said that, of course you don't HAVE to use branded ones lol I just find them better value :)

I love the Koala file and will be sticking to that one. I might try out others tho to see if it works out more cost effective.

Thank you for you input guys x

Latest posts

Back