should we do booking fees?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj1973

Reaction score
just got me thinking....does anyone do a booking fee in case people dont turn up? we run tattoo studio and after my hubby draws up designs and people did not turn up,we started taking 50% booking fee....should we do booking fee? it does not bother me if people cancel but i have had people for nails and they dont even call when they cant come...i think its soooo rude...what do you lot think...should we take booking fee or not?????xxxxxxxx

It would be difficult as most appointments are booked over the phone. TBH I don't have much of a problem, about one no show every five or six months probably.

It's not usually regulars either, who make up 95% of my business. It's usually the odd one-off set who "forgets".

I can appreciate that from the tattoo design point of view, a lot of time has already been spent on that client, doubly annoying if they don't turn up, I would consider a booking fee for that kind of thing, I think. But not nails. :)

I think booking fees are a great idea, but as most bookings are taken over the phone you would need a credit card facility to take the fees and most of us can not afford these machines

hi, i charge 25% deposit, it works! new customers normally pay over the phone by card, and most clients book there next appointment whilst in the salon so they pay there next deposit when we take there bill. we just put a notice up and on our price list to say the deposit covers a proportion of our loss when customers dont turn up or give 24 hours notice. if they do give 24 hours notice we transfer it to there next appointment. hope that all makes sense. :)

We also have a Tattoo Studio where clients pay a deposit to book their tattoos .
On the Beauty and Nail side of it I always ask for a £5.00 deposit for everything £20.00 and over .
Nobody seems to mind at all

Ruby

I have thought about this many times and never actually done it, I think I should though for new clients.....always the candidtes for not turning up!

Card machines aren't as expensive as you would imagine and you can either factor the price of card transactions into your pricing structure or charge extra for card payments.

Cheques will soon become obsolete....many of the big stores no longer accept cheques.....and then cash will be the only option....who carries cash anymore....sorry to wander off topic!

i think a £5 depoist for nails is good idea imo....its only £5 and it will make up for those who dont turn up....for those that do you take it off there treatment ....i am going to start asking £5 from now on xxxx

hi, i charge 25% deposit, it works! new customers normally pay over the phone by card, and most clients book there next appointment whilst in the salon so they pay there next deposit when we take there bill. we just put a notice up and on our price list to say the deposit covers a proportion of our loss when customers dont turn up or give 24 hours notice. if they do give 24 hours notice we transfer it to there next appointment. hope that all makes sense. :)

Same here, I got fed up with no shows and people turning up late that I decided to add a booking fee, usually 25% of service they were booked in for.
Jen

The £5.00 deposit that I ask is taken off the final bill

Ruby

Latest posts

Back