Show Classes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of Show Class do you like?

• Advanced Knitting demonstrations

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Mainly Demo led

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • Mainly talk led

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • New products led

Votes: 14 7.9%
  • New techniques led

Votes: 68 38.4%

• Total voters

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
HowdA All....

Just getting ready to kick into high gear with the UK show season and I am putting together the classes we will do at the shows this year.

For the show Feb 9th & 10th, I will be doing Super Sonic Sculpting. It will be dedicated to utilising Sculpts for faster work (with more freedom and less expense).

What so you guys look for in a show class... and what is the lamest show class you have been to? (no names please as they could be mine!)

Tooodles

Thanks Geek

Don't you worry I'll be first in those damn queues, you see if I don't.

Toodlepip, Dellie :rofl:

I definitely enjoy the shows that are introducing the latest brands out there! :D We are not getting a lot of variety of classes out here in BC, but I'm heading to Ontario this summer... :rofl:

Hey

I have only been to one talk (Rachel Myatt - London, Roadshow) which was really useful. This is generally due to the fact that I spend oh so much time spending MY MONEY on damn products :rolleyes: ! The shows are so big......however, I do intend to see more this year.

That being the case, Nail Geek will you be performing at Olympia? What's the viewing generally like at these lect/dems?

Adele

Ill be doing tons of demos at olympia... Not sure about the lectures though as we have Doug Schoon coming over (Head of R&D for CND... you know... the man who invented Radical, R+, etc.... wrote the nail teks bible... Nail Structure and Product Chemistry)

Anyhoo... he gives a great talk... doubt there will be much need 4 me :)

toodles

hi geek! just looking at this poll today and wondering whats cooking for septembers professional beauty? any idears yet? :salute:
nickki jones

Hi Sam
Would love to enjoy the talks ect .............can we have and interpreter for the deaf lol ot maybe front seats for those who lip read, its really hard to hear (lip read) while sitting at the back
Just a thought xx
Take care Dawnie xx

Thinking about coming over to the show at Excel in Sept. Ive never been to a show before so dont know what to expect. Will there be special deals/discounts etc? Also wondering about about new product launches.

Is this a big show or would it be better to wait for olympia (when is it?). ALso what about Brighton/Donnington?

I live in Cyprus so need to justify the cost of coming over as I could really do with some one to one training too! Only got a small budget - so annoying! :D I want to spend on Creative!

Any show advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Ness

Well a good show class would have to .............

Hold my attention, educate me, light hearted without being flippant,
Maybe question and Answer slot...........
Mybe a little audience participation............
As Dawnie said, cater for the deaf ..................The Insitute for the deaf and dumb could get involved here.............(just a thought)
I am sure as time goes by I will think of more, but it is Sunday ...........

just my thoughts
love Ruth xxxxx

My advice Ness, would be to attend either Excel or Olympia.

They are the biggest shows.

I woud go for Olympia. It's after Christmas ... its the biggest show and is the most easy to get to if you are going to stay in London. I don't find Excel a very convenient location myself.

Yes Olympia and Exel are the best in my oppinion.............

Faye and I love Exel .........with the Docklands Light Railway connections, it's very easy to get there........

But then again I would say that, I only live 3 miles from there................

love Ruth xxx

I MUST ADMIT, I PREFER EXCELL FOR 2 REASONS
1. I CAN DRIVE TO IT EASILY FROM KENT AND PARK
2. I PREFER THE WAY THE FOOD AND DRINK IS ALL IN THE SAME PLACE, THE Q'S SEEM FRACTIONLY SHORTER ASWELL!
opps sorry i just realised ive been in capitals:o

Yeh stop shouting Liza lol.

i prefer Excel, its much biger than olympia now and all the big names appear for it, easy to get too, can get food and we have a geek stand there.

I wish I could be there, Excel or Olympia, however it's just not in my budget at this time...may be a few years...

Since I'm on the "other side" and in just plain 'Ole education, I REALLY REALLY appreciate an educator who reinforces EDUCATION, you know the following manufacturer's directions, explaining why they are doing what they are doing, while they are doing it, and will answer questions with out making a beginner feel embarrassed or stupid for asking. (Not every one is smart enough to be a nail geek like those of us on this board:hug: )

The last few show classes I have attended the educators spent more time bashing what rotten education they had and how horrible their instructors were that they spent on what they were doing and the features and benefits of the products they were using. I realize that not all schools are as awesome as ours:wink2: but you had to have learned something or you wouldn't be where you are today.

So Sam, my suggestion (not that it really, really matters since I won't be there) be yourself, give them the info, reinforce the manufacturer's directions, tell them why it has to be that way (blame it on Doug, he has broad shoulders and can deal with it) and answer their silly questions patiently...I know you can do this, I've seen it happen. (just be glad you are in a large convention center instead of a small dark dungeon aka the classroom in Pocatello)

Latest posts

Back