Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just done my first set since training on Monday and these were for my case study. Bit embarrassed to post, theyre not tooooo bad but probably the worst on this thread :eek:
I went for 2 hours, and got 30 on each eye. However, they look really sparse, how many do you usually do for a natural look, on each eye? I was conscious of applying to mid cycle lashes and not weighing down her lashes. As it came to the end, I thought I probably could have added between 10 and 20 extra in a 0.15 (I was doing 0.2) to fill them out as they were a bit sparse. But it had already been two hours and bless her she had been asleep, and my trainer said 2 hours max to start with....

Big ramble but I have started studying all the pics on this thread, and I'm already reconising the curls by sight and I can see what mistakes I made with my friend's lashes, I am happy with them as my first set, but not as good as some first sets on here x

2h 15 min is actually very good! My first sets were taking me over 3.5-4 hours :) im finally down to 1 h 20 min or so :) it just takes practice.

I did my first 6 sets free, then just went ahead and charged "special offer" prices for a month or so :)

It could be that you didnt pluck the lash though (although these things happen and i wouldnt worry, just take it as lesson learned). It could be that that lash needed to come out and by pulling it you just removed it from its position, thats all :)

Perfection (if that is even possible) comes with practice! I could, if you want me to, upload a pic of lashes i did when i had just started (and they took me 4 hours to do) and the recent set (that took me 1.5 h) on the same person just to compare the difference and boost your confidence a bit :)

Jurate xx

Hi Jurate

I love your lashes, if you wouldnt mind I'f love to see your first ones? Mine actually arent the worst ones on this thread after reminding myself of the terrible ones you saved!!!
xx

2h 15 min is actually very good! My first sets were taking me over 3.5-4 hours :) im finally down to 1 h 20 min or so :) it just takes practice.

I did my first 6 sets free, then just went ahead and charged "special offer" prices for a month or so :)

It could be that you didnt pluck the lash though (although these things happen and i wouldnt worry, just take it as lesson learned). It could be that that lash needed to come out and by pulling it you just removed it from its position, thats all :)

Perfection (if that is even possible) comes with practice! I could, if you want me to, upload a pic of lashes i did when i had just started (and they took me 4 hours to do) and the recent set (that took me 1.5 h) on the same person just to compare the difference and boost your confidence a bit :)

Jurate xx

Hi Jurate

I love your lashes, if you wouldnt mind I'f love to see your first ones? Mine actually arent the worst ones on this thread after reminding myself of the terrible ones you saved!!!
xx
Ooow! Thank you :rolleyes::p: i dont have pics of first two (very stupid - should have taken them. But here is my 3rd:
zyty9y2y.jpg

My 4th (disaster - i cringe when i see it now but back then i thought it was great!!)
zehere2y.jpg

My fifth set is on the computer it was scary and i deleted it from everywhere, but i started charging real clients after this one (my 6th) :
u4ezeses.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Thankyou! Feel much better now, I guess its just practise! I just didn't apply enough lashes and a couple aren't straight x

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

This is my very first set, she had hardly any lashes and were very short. I just used 0.20 9mm all over as this was what I had in my kit.
Feedback back would be greatly appreciated. :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348298488.903479.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348298488.903479.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 382
I think they are amazing for a first set! The only bit noticeable that is missing is the pesky inner corners but i still have trouble with those occasionally. you obviously have a knack for it x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

My new favourite set! She is a lasher herself (with a few years experience compared to my mere few months) so i was feeling the pressure, lol. C curl .15 14-10

e2apy6e2.jpg

Those inner corners were a pain, I didn't have any smaller than 9mm so thought best to just avoid. I've got them now though :)

uzyre2ut.jpg

Another .15 in c curl.12-9

Jurate these are bbbbbbbbbeautiful!

You must have had an extremely happy client!

I've made an appt to get mine done on Friday by a male therapist!ill have to show you all a picture!

Excuse the picture my lashes had them done a week ago but lost loads so had a go at I filling my own ;) there express lashes would never ever infill a client but I wanted them for Saturday night wasn't to bad to say first time doing my own lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348781718.290997.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348781718.290997.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 297
Every lash filled with .15 & .20mm and 9-14mm length x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348784170.028057.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348784170.028057.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 333
Jurate these are bbbbbbbbbeautiful!

You must have had an extremely happy client!

I've made an appt to get mine done on Friday by a male therapist!ill have to show you all a picture!

Thank you :) :o:p:D

Excuse the picture my lashes had them done a week ago but lost loads so had a go at I filling my own ;) there express lashes would never ever infill a client but I wanted them for Saturday night wasn't to bad to say first time doing my own lol
wowzers there's loads on there :) well done applying these on yourself xx

Half Set ... Every Other Lash Coated with an extension

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348847691.777429.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348847691.777429.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 332
Express lashes I had done on me at last!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1348856878.744408.jpg

Thanks very much I love them and so many nice comments lol

This set basically took him 25mins!

Rather than using a pair of tweezers you just have the one & literally just float the individual lashes on to the eyelashes. So there not separately applied. Does that make sense?

He used ah Francis

Would quite like to look into doing this myself!

Latest posts

Back