Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lovely Auntie wanted some natural looking lashes as hers are far and few between. She was fluttering them non stop when I'd finished. She's 71 x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354585034.111661.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354585034.111661.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 400
Hi here is my sis. I do her lashes every 2 wks (im still training) I know I'm not great but im just happy she lets me do hers. It took me well over 2hrs to do these lashes and to remove the previous ones. I now have 3 new clients for lashes and tbh , thought it would be so easy to get clients, boy was I wrong lol. Fingers crossed the pics upload lol x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354641531.623201.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354641531.623201.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 382
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354641546.082566.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354641546.082566.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 391
Hi, I'm new to beauty treatments and have been doing lashes for about 2 months using AH Francis products. I find that quite regularly the lash hasn't stuck to natural lash but I am worried about using too much glue. This happens about 7-8 times per set and just wondered if it happens to other people.
Would you also recommend mixing 11/13 in the middle of the eye for a long natural look or would that look strange??
Many thanks in advance ;-)

Hi, I'm new to beauty treatments and have been doing lashes for about 2 months using AH Francis products. I find that quite regularly the lash hasn't stuck to natural lash but I am worried about using too much glue. This happens about 7-8 times per set and just wondered if it happens to other people.
Would you also recommend mixing 11/13 in the middle of the eye for a long natural look or would that look strange??
Many thanks in advance ;-)

Hi Hun,

You need to use more glue-the more sets you do then you'll be more comfortable with knowing the amount you need. You should have 3 little beads on the end of the lash, then use the lash to stroke and coat the natural lash and then place it on.

I have used 14mm in the middle of the eye before but only a few as I like to full with shorter lashes. It's all about just practice practice practice I'm afraid!
It took me a year before I felt confident that I knew every set I did would be a good set that the client was always happy with

Xx

6unybuqe.jpg
ganyma7u.jpg

Here is a set I did yest with 10mm/12mm 0.20 thickness C curl x

Kelly x

I was referring to MY reasons for not giving out much lash info, I havent read every comment but

this could lead a lot of perfectly good new lash techs, who as taught and as recommended, infill their clients lashes every 2-3 weeks to be considering that they are now doing something incorrect.

I dont think anyone chooses to give out incorrect info, we all want to help, thats ho a forum works and without our wish to help others, there would be no geek. My post was saying that i think its important to think about what info we give and what effect it can have on those reading it :hug:

My opoinon as a lash tech since 2009... A client is happy client when she has Stunning,full lashes...by a normal cycle of the lashes,a infill is of Sp is needed 2 be done in a 2-3 weeks time...there is no doubt that there might be some exceptions out there,but it is Extremely rare. I think this is a great forum,my self I'm pretty new here in writing,but I'm sure for "newbie's" it is important to give as much correct info as possible. Keep on lashing,lash,lash,and some more lashing,and you will get happy clients,practice gives experience:wink2::wink2:

Thank you for for a kind reply, Angelina! I actually felt like closing my account on over here.

I trained with my college, using blink lashes. My trainer has been doing lashes for over 10 years ... And nope, I hadn't mentioned that in any of the previous pages :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Oups,quoted wrong post

Last edited:
Andrea you are more than welcome to go and look at my first lash album and see my first sets. They were horrendous! My models thought they were great :eek:
I cringe now when I look at them but it's good to take photos as you can see how far you have come.
With regards to time, you work at your own speed and you take as long as it takes. If if takes you one hour or 2 hours, it doesn't matter as long as you feel comfortable. Speed comes with time.
Also there are so many lash companies now and I know some say that 30 lashes per eye is a full set :eek:
Some clients have sparse lashes and it's easy to place 4 or 5 lashes on per minute when you don't really have to isolate any lashes.
Every client is different, some fidget, some flicker their eyes, some have criss-cross lashes, some have straight lashes, some have loose skin etc so this all has to be factored in.
I can do some full sets in an hour and others take longer, it just depends on the client.
Glue also makes a huge difference. I have just started using the new Lash Perfect glue and it has cut my time down even more and the lashes are lasting longer. It's almost 3 times the price of my usual glue but it comes in 5x2g tubes so it lasts longer anyway as you don't have to open a 10g pot.
Happy lashing :biggrin:

FANTASTIC RESPONSE!!! Hmmm need to look into lash perfect :cool:

Hi,

Can I ask whether you advise your clients to use anything on their lashes when they are taking a break from extensions.

Did I read on here that someone advises to use castor oil or did I dream this? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Can I ask whether you advise your clients to use anything on their lashes when they are taking a break from extensions.

Did I read on here that someone advises to use castor oil or did I dream this? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

My clients don't take a break, but if they decided they wanted to I would advice to simply take vitamin e and maybe use castor oil, but it shouldnt be necessary as if extensions were applied correctly, natural lashes would be in a healthy condition anyway :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

Another happy customer!
Mix of c curl .20 in 14mm & 10mm and b curl .15 in 12mm and 9mm

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354994604.565769.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1354994604.565769.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 368
Oooh I get to join in finally. Did my first full set today for my case studies instead of just practising on the husband. Well I say full set but it's only about 40 lashes per eye. Took me 2 hours though and didn't want to make her lie for longer. I've said I'll add some more in when I do her refills.

Nowhere near as impressive as the lashes on here but I'm pretty chuffed considering it's my first proper go. Thank you SO much to everyone here for the hints and tips and for answering all my questions! You're all stars.

So here we go a mix of B 0.15 9mm and 11mm, C 0.15 9mm and 11mm and C 0.2 9mm, 11mm and 13mm. She has lovely long full lashes anyway so think I could have gone longer/put in more 13's but didn't want to go too far.

Attachments

• Rach lashes.jpg
    Rach lashes.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 392
Hi folks, ive recently trained in lash extensions and did my 6th set for free this evening for a friend. I was a bit freaked at her reaction to my planned prices of £ 45 full set and £ 25 maintenance. She said she had a groupon for £21 which was for full set ee, brow wax and tint!! Furthermore the tech said she would do all 3 for £ 21 anytime without groupon. Really worried now. Im birmingham area. I trained in ee as i really fancied it and also thought id recoup the £300 ive spent on the training quickly. Id be grateful for anyones advice or thoughts. X x

picture.php

These are a full set of purple tips i did on a friend using C curl 0.20 9,11mm

Hi folks, ive recently trained in lash extensions and did my 6th set for free this evening for a friend. I was a bit freaked at her reaction to my planned prices of £ 45 full set and £ 25 maintenance. She said she had a groupon for £21 which was for full set ee, brow wax and tint!! Furthermore the tech said she would do all 3 for £ 21 anytime without groupon. Really worried now. Im birmingham area. I trained in ee as i really fancied it and also thought id recoup the £300 ive spent on the training quickly. Id be grateful for anyones advice or thoughts. X x

Hey superflash gal! I would say this is way too cheap. Groupon is a good way to get people through your doors but if you keep the offer on you will just be flogging yourself and barely making any profit.
Stick to your prices and be confident with them. It's not just about the price but the service and experience that a client gets with you. Cheapest is definitely not always best, and i would be worried about the quality of work and products if i had all these servies offered to me at this price!
I charge £45 for lashes and £25 for infills too and i was worried to start with that there were people doing it cheaper in my area but it has never been a problem :)

xx

Ah thanks laurie. I was feeling really deflated when she left. Like it was a case of "thanks for the free lashes but i wont be back cos i can get it done cheaper!!" She was the only friend ive done who didnt offer me anythin;)g for my materials too!! Oh well. Im gkad to hear of your success. Local techs charge 35-50 so i was hoping to achieve around that price! Youve inspired me now to stick to my guns!

X x

C 0.20: 11,10,9mm
C.0.15: 12mm
Filled B0.20: 10,9.8mm

Attachments

• kirsten.jpg
    kirsten.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 315
Stunning elliebee, will be digging out my b curls again. Here is 0.15 in c curl 8,10 & 12
mu8e8u5y.jpg

I'm trying to decide if its easier to do lashes one eye at a time or going between the two, how do you ladies do it? X

Latest posts

Back