Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for replying. Yes I wear glasses for distance and when I did my training 2 weeks ago it was fine! Really can't think. Could it be anything to do with my positioning? Not sure if getting a stool that I can alter so I could be higher up may help? X

Back when I first started I'd go through times of feeling confident and then feeling completely rubbish. Keep going and trying your hardest and eventually you will have built up your skills with little techniques to make sure you can handle any clients lashes (well, most lol) . You will do someone's lashes and think, woah that was difficult, and then lash them a couple of months later and wonder what the problem was.

Some people have difficult face shapes to lash. Their lashes seem to disappear into oblivion or their cheeks seem to push the lashes into awkward positions. Again just keep trying various ways (I'm sorry that's a little vague but it's things like getting the right lash pads or positioning yourself/your hands in the right place).

As far as seeing the lashes id definitely recommend a height adjustable stool, do you have your clients lying down?

Finally, make sure you've got a night background behind the lashes (gel pad)

I hope some of that actually helped! x

Right, not night*

A few I have done recently :D

My favourite so far! I'd love to have mine done but don't know where to go! I'm in Mansfield Notts region. I've heard horror stories of incorrect application or cheap stuff causing natural lashes to fall out! Also worried about paying a lot and them looking clumpy (I'd hate for someone to ask me if they were fake or cheap!) or not lasting. (I'm a nail geek and know the importance of looking after the service at home though.)

Sent from my XT1039 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415123269.937818.jpg

Good evening lash geeks, I work from home, so don't really have anyone to ask, I'm hoping to get some help here, I need some tips on correct placement of gel pads and getting them to stay put and not rising into the eye,
many thanks
anna

Sent from sugarfarie hq

Good evening lash geeks, I work from home, so don't really have anyone to ask, I'm hoping to get some help here, I need some tips on correct placement of gel pads and getting them to stay put and not rising into the eye,
many thanks
anna

Sent from sugarfarie hq

Hey Anna,

To be honest, I've given up on them and I've only just started!

I just use micropore tape. I de-tack it on my hand first, so it doesn't pull on the client's lashes too hard when I remove it.

If you really want to use gel pads, use tape (de-tack first) on the sides and bottoms to hold them in place. To avoid little lashes escaping, place some tape over the pad where the lash line is.

I hope that made sense and best of luck!

X

Still practising... 0.10 b curl in 12 13 and 14s. Any advice would be great :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415248634.563805.jpg

Still practising... 0.10 b curl in 12 13 and 14s. Any advice would be great :) View attachment 78313

Personally, I think these are too long. May I ask why you would use 0.10s in a classic set? I would never start with a 12 in the inner corner. Always aim to start around 8 in the inner. For this girl, I would have used sizes 8-12. I dont mind mixing 0.10s with other thicknesses but not on its own when client has strong natural lashes. I can see one eye the placement is really nice but the other eye, its more crisscrossed. So, practise on getting them symmetrical and straighter with no criss cross. X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Personally, I think these are too long. May I ask why you would use 0.10s in a classic set? I would never start with a 12 in the inner corner. Always aim to start around 8 in the inner. For this girl, I would have used sizes 8-12. I dont mind mixing 0.10s with other thicknesses but not on its own when client has strong natural lashes. I can see one eye the placement is really nice but the other eye, its more crisscrossed. So, practise on getting them symmetrical and straighter with no criss cross. X

I always seem to have one eye look more crisscrossed, i definetly need to practise on that but i know its going to take time! I ordered 0.15 but they sent the wrong size so I ordered them again in 0.15 to have the range of thicknesses.

I was taught to use 0.2 but personally I haven't liked it so have just been playing with sizes and thicknesses with friends and family. And she wanted really long, but will definetly try a shorter set next time :)

This was my 3rd set from a couple of days ago. She had really, really curly lashes that crisscrossed everywhere. They took me ages to do.

She loved them but I just really hope I get better (and quicker)!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415273983.991166.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415273996.356201.jpg

I dont do many express lashes but this is a set I done the other day.

This client has had lashes done before NOT by me and each time shes had them done she says they only last her 3/5 days. She has been to a few places so im hoping mine last upto 2 weeks cross fingers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1415274754483.jpg
    1415274754483.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 1415274776500.jpg
    1415274776500.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 1415274802153.jpg
    1415274802153.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 189

I personally love using 0.10s on classic sets, it's my most used thickness for classic, followed by 0.12, followed by 0.15s. And then on those with finer lashes I often blend with 0.07s too so I can those smaller lashes inbetween.
I do agree they're too long though, especially on the inner corner... Lashes are less likely to go wonky and criss-cross is you use smaller lengths too xx

Russian/volume trained ladies, can any of you give me advice on what a clients asked me?
She really wants Russian but has a bad back and struggles being on the beauty couch/bed for an hour for classics so two hours is a no go. She's asked me can I prep and make the fans of lashes before I get to her and then when she's on the bed just add another bit of glue to attach them.
Does anybody think this is at all possible? Was thinking maybe gluing them to the plastic eye tray in the fans then applying when I get her on the bed. Xx

Russian/volume trained ladies, can any of you give me advice on what a clients asked me?
She really wants Russian but has a bad back and struggles being on the beauty couch/bed for an hour for classics so two hours is a no go. She's asked me can I prep and make the fans of lashes before I get to her and then when she's on the bed just add another bit of glue to attach them.
Does anybody think this is at all possible? Was thinking maybe gluing them to the plastic eye tray in the fans then applying when I get her on the bed. Xx

Interesting one!

You could do this - the only problem with pre made fans is that firstly you can end up with too much glue if you are not careful - and secondly her retention will not be great

With volume fans you need to be attaching so that the bases are wrapping around the natural lash / this is what gives you the retention

Although fans are lightweight the shape of them can some times cause them to unbalance and fall off to one side if they are not attached by being wrapped around

As long as she is aware of this

But this is a reason why pre made fans will never be as popular and hand made at the time of application / but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :)

I agree with LieLash, pre-made just don't cut it. Could you maybe compromise and do a mix though? Fit her in one day for a shorter appointment of pre-made fan application on her strongest lashes, then another app a day or two later to finish the set using proper methods? Then she's not laying down so long at a time...
And then just do her fills more frequently so she's not laying down long again. Before you know it the pre-made fans will have been replaced. X

I personally love using 0.10s on classic sets, it's my most used thickness for classic, followed by 0.12, followed by 0.15s. And then on those with finer lashes I often blend with 0.07s too so I can those smaller lashes inbetween.
I do agree they're too long though, especially on the inner corner... Lashes are less likely to go wonky and criss-cross is you use smaller lengths too xx

thank you for the advice! will definitely go shorter on my next sets I do! :)

I have loved using 0.10s... I might even branch out further and get 0.07 and 0.12 and the 0.15 i already have on order.

Latest posts

Back