Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried many times mixing curls but they don't look neat in the end . I think it's because of that frame in your mind with just one curl .
After my recent training I have stopped doing so as my instructor said it's not a good idea
Happy lashing xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mixing curls is absolutely fine as long as they are the next curl up. B's and C's look lovely together. Obviously you need to know where to place the lashes to make them work. The more you do the better you will get. All the best lashers mix curls :)

6d set :)

Attachments

• pippa before 6d.jpg
    pippa before 6d.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 222
  • pippa after 6d.jpg
    pippa after 6d.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 225
  • pippa before 6d1.jpg
    pippa before 6d1.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 232
  • pippa after 6d1.jpg
    pippa after 6d1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 264
This is my work with mixed curls but dont know y my trainer strictly said not to ..
The other eye just needed a brushing and was fab after that !! She hardly have any lashes so i worked really hard with b's and c's using 7,8 & few 9's

Attachments

• 1415865692947.jpg
    1415865692947.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 280
Nobody at all know anything about them? Xx

Do you mean the tibby olivier lashes? From what I know when I was looking into training with them it's just Russian/volume x

Do you mean the tibby olivier lashes? From what I know when I was looking into training with them it's just Russian/volume x

Yes that's right but a post I saw it suggested that you could do a glam RuVol set in 45mims. Was wondering if it was ready made fans?

Yes that's right but a post I saw it suggested that you could do a glam RuVol set in 45mims. Was wondering if it was ready made fans?

I've not seen any ready made fans in their kit; possibly applied like a express set and lay ontop?
One client I know went to another therapist because she didn't know I do Russian volume and she told me she was in and out within half an hour with them being lay ontop. She's hardly got any lashes left now though because they've snapped off 🙈xx

I've not seen any ready made fans in their kit; possibly applied like a express set and lay ontop?
One client I know went to another therapist because she didn't know I do Russian volume and she told me she was in and out within half an hour with them being lay ontop. She's hardly got any lashes left now though because they've snapped off 🙈xx

Oh dear, I wouldn't have dreamt that people would be doing such a thing although it may explain how a lady in my area is doing what looks very much like Russian volume lashes to me for £20! From home, but still! Xx 😱😨

I mix curls on most of my sets to create texture and volume. Sometimes graduating from one curl in one section to another curl in a different section. Or often using different curls in the same area.

These lashes look great Jane x

Keep on mixing they look great! Mixing curls, lengths and thicknesses will make your sets bespoke and stand out from the rest. Your trainer has given you great advice which you can see from this only being your 5th set! I wish my 5th set had looked this good :)

Keep on mixing they look great! Mixing curls, lengths and thicknesses will make your sets bespoke and stand out from the rest. Your trainer has given you great advice which you can see from this only being your 5th set! I wish my 5th set had looked this good :)

Thank you, you're too kind!
I haven't mixed thicknesses yet, I'll definitely try it next time. It sounds good for creating more texture and volume. :) x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416126707.987303.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416126735.541296.jpg
These are my Lash Festival 2014 entries Individual and Volume both which have mixed curls B and C in one and B,C and D in two x

Sorry (not discouraging) but it's better not to mix different curls.. u can mix lengths and thickness but better if not curls :)

I disagree .... Mixing curls is great but quite difficult for a beginner (maybe that is what TheBeauty ment)
A lot of beginners use long lengths which can look spidery! Try using shorter lashes it creates much more volume

Mixing curls does work I.e j's & b's, b's & c's, c's & d's, c's &cc's, cc's & d's

The styling of lashes is where the skill comes into lashing that will come in time and is very individual lashes are not one size fits all, you need to look at eye shapes, natural lash length and strength etc
Just keep practicing you will only get better ! 😉

10799844_10152381108286268_1187767592_n.jpg my second set of lashes

View attachment 78934 my second set of lashes

Well done; this length of lashes are challenging for an experienced tech so you've done well. I'd try keeping them shorter Until you've got experience behind you and can get every single lash without any stickies. Have fun :) x

Well done; this length of lashes are challenging for an experienced tech so you've done well. I'd try keeping them shorter Until you've got experience behind you and can get every single lash without any stickies. Have fun :) x

Thanks yeah they are my friends lashes so she was over the moon I used 8 & 10mm length lashes should I have stuck with 8 all round?? X

C Curl Lash Perfect.
IMG_9682.jpg

Not perfect but did what I could for her with some 0.05s!
She said she's never had good lashes but saw her today for an infill and thanks to ditching mascara for extensions there's new growth where the gaps were! Yay.
(Btw I tried to smooth the skin on the photo with a smudge tool, tell me if it looks awful or not lol I'm not very experienced at editing photos but don't want clients thinking they look awful on photos because of close ups on skin lol) x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416435192.627909.jpg

Not perfect but did what I could for her with some 0.05s!
She said she's never had good lashes but saw her today for an infill and thanks to ditching mascara for extensions there's new growth where the gaps were! Yay.
(Btw I tried to smooth the skin on the photo with a smudge tool, tell me if it looks awful or not lol I'm not very experienced at editing photos but don't want clients thinking they look awful on photos because of close ups on skin lol) x
View attachment 79097

Try an app called 'moreBeaute2', it's great for making clients skin look flawless. I alter the filters by knocking off the smoothing and the tone pretty much all together but the brightness works wonders. Ps: I don't edit to change the lashes, just to make clients happy with their pics for Facebook, Instagram etc. Pps: great job with the lashes xx

Try an app called 'moreBeaute2', it's great for making clients skin look flawless. I alter the filters by knocking off the smoothing and the tone pretty much all together but the brightness works wonders. Ps: I don't edit to change the lashes, just to make clients happy with their pics for Facebook, Instagram etc. Pps: great job with the lashes xx

U r a star hon.. loving this app
Hugs xx

Latest posts

Back