Show us your website!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty simply yes. Also don't fool for anyone trying to guarantee page 1 rankings via e-mail or phone. It's a load of rubbish. No one can promise page one.

I'm almost ready to publish my site using wix and now I've read this 😩
I really like the design etc and I've chose to do it myself rather than get a web designer purely down to the fact I'm a little OCD on these things.

Is there no way of moving my page to the top of the google search once published with wix?!
What's the best route to get higher on the google search?!?

(Apologies if this has already been asked. Search function doesn't seem to work well for me on my phone. Never get any results returned when I search) thanks. Xxx

I really like the design etc and I've chose to do it myself rather than get a web designer purely down to the fact I'm a little OCD on these things.

Is there no way of moving my page to the top of the google search once published with wix?!

(Apologies if this has already been asked. Search function doesn't seem to work well for me on my phone. Never get any results returned when I search) thanks. Xxx

Your best getting a professional designer such us ourselves to re-create what you've done/what you want. Wix just won't do you any justice apart from leaving you with a sore pocket. You'll spend thousands. Please, please don't listen to anyone trying to sell their service saying that's fine it's no problem.

Your best getting a professional designer such us ourselves to re-create what you've done/what you want. Wix just won't do you any justice apart from leaving you with a sore pocket. You'll spend thousands. Please, please don't listen to anyone trying to sell their service saying that's fine it's no problem.

Thank you for your feedback.
To be honest I've not even looked at any quotes etc for a professional web designer as A) I thought it's just going to be ridiculously expensive, and B) I actually quite like doing these types of projects as I have an art back ground so I like it.

It doesn't seem expensive on the off. It £7pcm including domain and fb/google Adwords vouchers. So I'm guessing the cost is to buy extra google Adwords - am I right?

Can you inbox me with the kind of prices I'd be looking at to have a site build please? Also, once built, would it be possible for me to make edits or would I need to always come back to you for edits? I would be needing to add/amend quite regularly you see.

Thanks again xx

Thank you for your feedback.
To be honest I've not even looked at any quotes etc for a professional web designer as A) I thought it's just going to be ridiculously expensive, and B) I actually quite like doing these types of projects as I have an art back ground so I like it.

It doesn't seem expensive on the off. It £7pcm including domain and fb/google Adwords vouchers. So I'm guessing the cost is to buy extra google Adwords - am I right?

Can you inbox me with the kind of prices I'd be looking at to have a site build please? Also, once built, would it be possible for me to make edits or would I need to always come back to you for edits? I would be needing to add/amend quite regularly you see.

Thanks again xx

No worries I'll do that tomorrow :)
All our sites can be accessed by the clients themselves to make any updates easily and if they need support we are here.

Google Adwords will cost you a lot depending on competition in your area. you pay every time someone clicks your website.

I've worked really hard on my seo in wix and if you type in 'Gelish Cosham' where I'm
Based (specific I know) I'm on the first page better than nothing.

I have built mine on Wix and I don't really have a clue what I'm doing tbh so any feedback would be appreciated. I have set my analytics up with Google and it says I usually get 90-100 sessions a day, not sure how this differs from visits? and if this is a good score? I get upto 3 enquires a day from it so I am happy with that for now. I like the way it looks and it ranks pretty high on google searches for what I do in my area, but think it could be better. Thanks for your help.

www.diamonddivasbeauty.com

www.tavistockmobilehairandbeauty.co.uk

At the moment mines just a Mobile friendly site. Figure many use tablets, Mobile phones, iPads etc now. A bit basic but hopefully will tell people what they need to know to book! ;)

Hi Clare Seymour just to let you know your opening hours say from 10pm to 8pm (I'm assuming it should be am?)

I've just got my website live and don't know much about SEO, if anyone can give me any tips its would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the link: www.the-nail-artist.com

:)

Hi Clare Seymour just to let you know your opening hours say from 10pm to 8pm (I'm assuming it should be am?)

I've just got my website live and don't know much about SEO, if anyone can give me any tips its would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the link: www.the-nail-artist.com

:)
I'm not sure what your sites built on but read up about Title Tags and put those in, look at H1 & H2 tags and put those in & write more content. Good loves words!

You can register your business with Google maps https://www.google.com/business/, they send you a code in mail then you enter it online (takes a couple of weeks and free). Then your business comes up right at top when people google you and displays your web address. Downside is people can write reviews etc which you have no control over (I think you can respond to them though) and you get a tone of sales calls from people. I did it a few years ago before I moved and got a lot of business from it.

Thanks for noticing the hours.
Google business, and google maps are good.
Having more information on the web site etc like tutorials.
Google rates a web site for content.
Submit the URL to google just type in submit to google.
Also submit your website for free on yell and any other free directories.
Get a pint interest page, face book page and twitter.
Type in how to get on web spiders or crawlers and you will get a list of directories.

As someone else said on here make sure your key words are ( meta tags ) on the page are filled out.

Latest posts

Back