Show us your website!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine's www.anewmebeauty.co.uk

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

Your website looks amazing!! I'm just in the throes of setting mine up through a website designer and I'm having a nightmare with him!!! He just doesn't understand my needs and I'm getting so frustrated. Did you design yours yourself? I think I will send him a link to yours to explain exactly what I want.

Your website looks amazing!! I'm just in the throes of setting mine up through a website designer and I'm having a nightmare with him!!! He just doesn't understand my needs and I'm getting so frustrated. Did you design yours yourself? I think I will send him a link to yours to explain exactly what I want.

Who's your designer?
Not us is it 😳

Who's your designer?
Not us is it 😳

No not you :) I don't want to name and shame as I'm going to give them a chance to put it right...He is only charging £70 and I understand that it's very cheap but I'd rather pay more to get a decent website.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you Whitesatin for raising the subject of "cheap sites" I am lucky to know a great design team, both artists and web designers, most are either or!! and I have worked with her for 10 years. This is her 3rd site for us. It is all hand coded, and in wordpress.

Sorry to read about your frustration but if you have problems at the beginning what is the rest of your working relationship going to be like? Your designer needs to understand your product and with your input, together you can produce a great site. :)

Last edited:
I've binned the initial designer and have found someone else who's design is amazing....certainly get what you pay first, lesson learned x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey I currently use vistaprint for my website design so obviously it's me that's designed it which means it's a but secondary school IT lesson looking if you get my drift - recommendations welcome on website designers etc as I know my website needs a refresh but I want to keep the same web address is this poss xx

Hey I currently use vistaprint for my website design so obviously it's me that's designed it which means it's a but secondary school IT lesson looking if you get my drift - recommendations welcome on website designers etc as I know my website needs a refresh but I want to keep the same web address is this poss xx

This is something we would be interesting in quoting for :) We have done lots of geeks sites and I'm sure they would recommend us. You can see some of our clients sites here but have more up to date ones available upon request - Portfolio | Penguin Pages

Here's mine www.mghairdressing.co.uk

I really haven't got a clue when it comes to web building but thought I'd give it a go myself anyway. Any feed back or advice would be welcomed. Xx

Here's mine www.mirrormirrorportsmouth.com I
Used wix. Did it all myself, it's nothing special I'm just proud I managed to do it, even if I did nearly throw my laptop out the window on several occasions 😂. Just working on getting it in the search engine pages higher up! That's also stressful so any tips would be appreciated.

Here's mine Mirror Mirror Beauty I
Used wix. Did it all myself, it's nothing special I'm just proud I managed to do it, even if I did nearly throw my laptop out the window on several occasions 😂. Just working on getting it in the search engine pages higher up! That's also stressful so any tips would be appreciated.

You'll struggle doing this in Wix. It's almost impossible.

Oh no 😫 how come? Because it's hosted by wix? I don't really understand all the jargon.

Oh no 😫 how come? Because it's hosted by wix? I don't really understand all the jargon.

Pretty simply yes. Also don't fool for anyone trying to guarantee page 1 rankings via e-mail or phone. It's a load of rubbish. No one can promise page one.

This is mines all finished with logo and things. I made it myself using weebly and it seems to do me well, I rank highly for things like shrinking violet wrap and not so much for some more popular searches. But a lot of my clients seem to like it and a good few people find me so that's good :)

Here's mine MG Mobile Hairdressing - Home

I really haven't got a clue when it comes to web building but thought I'd give it a go myself anyway. Any feed back or advice would be welcomed. Xx

Hi, I have a few suggestions for you so I hope you don't mind :) this is just for the homepage that I will be looking at and it depends on the limitations you have with 1&1..
- It would look great if you could get the banner to go full width across, it's one of the first things you see as it is a high contrast against the dark grey but it looks a little strange to be cut off.
- If you can I'd recommend ensuring all your menu items fit onto one line on larger screens (I'm on an iMac and it's just the 'Products' item that isn't).
- Another great tip is to keep things consistent, so where you have the three tabs at the moment each image is a different dimension - the first one works well so I'd recommend cropping the rest to the same size/orientation.

I hope this helps!
Happy to offer a mini review to anyone else that would like one too!

Word Press :)

Pretty simply yes. Also don't fool for anyone trying to guarantee page 1 rankings via e-mail or phone. It's a load of rubbish. No one can promise page one.

Latest posts

Back