Shredding Hair extensions - Loads eek!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathalie

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I've not been on in aaaages but I really hope someone out there can hlep!

I've just had a new set of extensions done by a mobile woman (last wedensday) I was really pleased with them and I was good and didnt wash them until Sunday - making sure I used the right shampoo/conditioner leave in treatment and didnt blast with a hot hairdryer etc and always used the correct brush (I've had them before so knew how to look after them) But this time I have had an enormous amount of shredding!!! I can't brush it as they just keep coming out, when I run my fingers through it comes out and it just doesn't stop, so I have to physcially stop myself doing it! So now they are a lot thinner and the ends look very thin and dry - despite them looking fab last week. It all started as soon as I washed it and it has dried.

I did have a similar problem before when I used to have hair extensions before and they were fab, I did have shredding with the first set but we put it down to me coating my hair in hairspray that contained silicone or something I can't quite rememeber then they seemed to be ok from there on, I did also have a slight problem with them shredding the 2nd time and getting thin so needed maintence quite early on.

Is it possible my hair just doesn't like the and I should accept it and settle for the fact they will never be thick - always thin?!

I've contacted the woman and she is going to ring me tonight to discuss, I guess she will have to do a maintance or something on them? has anyone got any idea's out there....??

Thanks Nat xxx

Also just to add - I've not been putting straightners or anything on them and I've been reading through the threads on here spec the dry extensions etc but I just cant seem to work out why they are falling out so much :cry:

I had hair extensions back in Jan and by the end of Feb had to have them taken out by a salon, it ended up costing me a lot of money not to mention split ends and very thin hair!!

I can recommend a product that I used to use as mine went very matted after washing, this did help but the quality of the hair was not great!

Was this person who did your hair extensions recommended to you by someone who you know? The only reason I ask was because i had a similiar experience with someone who I found on the internet and as I mentioned above I actually had to sit at the hairdressers for over 4 hours to have them taken out! I knew the person that did this so only cost me £80 for 4 hours work, something that should have been £80 an hour..

Just my opinion but I think if they are put in by a professional who knows what they are doing it is fine!

Latest posts

Back