Shrinking free edges using Mica

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbiedoo

Reaction score
hi,i was looking for some advice... i just ordered some mica additives,the bright lights collection.so this morning i was desperate to try them out.ive watched youtube vids to get some tips and ideas.the problem is i tried them on myself ontop of blackpool,now ive noticed a bit of shrinkage on the free edge on some of my nails,not all though.i capped the free edge with base,2 coats blackpool and the topcoat but didnt cap with the powder.should i have done that,im not sure? i love them but not sure if they will last because of the free edge looking a little bare.thanks in advance for any help on this

If you double topcoat after applying the pigments that seems to stop the free edge wear.

Xxx

If you double topcoat after applying the pigments that seems to stop the free edge wear.

Xxx

Would this be with Additives as well?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Would this be with Additives as well?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I double topcoat with additives too. Or I use clearly pink and then topcoat to reduce soak off time! This method can also be used for chunky glitter.

Xxx

ah thanks for replying.it is day 2 of wear and i have one nail chipped.only the mica has chipped the colour coat is fine.i will try with 2 top coats when i try them again,i just dont want them chipping after a few days when im using them on clients

Latest posts

Back