Shrinking Violet Body Wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyEssence2

Reaction score
Hey Geeks 😊
I am looking at doing the Shrinking Violet Body Wrap course and wondered if anyone else offers this treatment?
Also, do you need a heated blanket? If so, which one have you got?
Thanks xxxxxx

Hello, I trained a year ago with SV. I have done about 5-6 wraps since then, so not really as popular a treatment as I hoped. I do get about 4-6 inches loss per client. I bought a single underblanket from Argos, put it on the couch 15 min before the client arrives and heat up bed while you are doing consultation and measurements. When client is all wrapped up, turn down the heat to low so the client doesn't get too hot (or sweat). Cover them with a sheet and you can add a blanket on top, especially over the feet to keep them cosy. I would recommend taking a poll of your regular clients and ask how many will be interested before you shell out lots of money and train. I only bought the mini kit to try. I thought if it's popular I would buy the salon size but never did. I just bought another mini kit. It works out cheaper to buy the larger kit - providing you use it

Thanks for getting back to me 😊
I was a little concerned that it wouldn't be that popular.
I haven't yet booked the course yet so I may have a little think about it.
Might be best to build up my client base before spending more money on training.

X

I did the course earlier this year and have done about 10 wraps in total perhaps a few more. I really struggled with it but I think this was more down to the clientele I currently have, most of my ladies wanted it before a night out or I had ladies who had just given birth wanting it so it wasn't really suitable for them.
I'm going to really push it at the beginning of next year when everyone is starting new diets and am also going to look into getting some promotional stand/boards and doing a few wedding fairs, I think that will work to get courses booked in.
I honestly think it is a great product/service, I just think I need to work a bit harder and smarter at it than I have done so far. Hope this helps xx

I did the course earlier this year and have done about 10 wraps in total perhaps a few more. I really struggled with it but I think this was more down to the clientele I currently have, most of my ladies wanted it before a night out or I had ladies who had just given birth wanting it so it wasn't really suitable for them.
I'm going to really push it at the beginning of next year when everyone is starting new diets and am also going to look into getting some promotional stand/boards and doing a few wedding fairs, I think that will work to get courses booked in.
I honestly think it is a great product/service, I just think I need to work a bit harder and smarter at it than I have done so far. Hope this helps xx

Can I ask why it's not suitable for ladies who want it before a night out or have just given birth please? X

Because it is quite a big detox so it is advised that they should not drink too much caffeine or alcohol and drink plenty of water to continue to flush out the toxins. Ladies have to wait three months after birth as their body is still recovering and repairing itself so to do a massive detox would be a big strain on the body. Hope this helps x

I did the training today funnily enough and during my break put it on Facebook (along with a photo of me wrapped up in a foil sheet) and I've already got 6 people booked in!

I trained with the Eyelashes Queen in Plymouth and she was amazing - really knew her stuff and had a great teaching style!

I did the training today funnily enough and during my break put it on Facebook (along with a photo of me wrapped up in a foil sheet) and I've already got 6 people booked in!

I trained with the Eyelashes Queen in Plymouth and she was amazing - really knew her stuff and had a great teaching style!

This does not sound like Shrinking Violet - we wrap with cling film and no foil is used. I thought you can only train with Tibby Olivier since CND stopped training a few months ago.

This does not sound like Shrinking Violet - we wrap with cling film and no foil is used. I thought you can only train with Tibby Olivier since CND stopped training a few months ago.

to keep the heat in you put a foil blanket on top of the client x

to keep the heat in you put a foil blanket on top of the client x

Correctamondo! Wrapped up like a turkey in Wrapture then cosy under blankets with a foil blanket on top!

I've just sold another course of 6, and I haven't even got back into the salon yet!

Yep, The Eyelashes Queen is a Tibby Olivier trainer, a fantastic one at that!

Latest posts

Back