Shrinking Violet cost

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SassLash

Reaction score
Hey geeks...I need advise

I recently attended tibby Olivier shrinking violet and it was stressed dont charge under £40 or it may result in the product being taken off you..they even said charge more incase you want to put it on offer which for me is not a problem as I don't like under cutting...

I charge £50 a wrap or courses of 3/4 or 6 but there are salons in my area doing it for as little as £25!! It's making me look like I'm overpriced when really I'm charging accordingly for the treatment and my time...help! Xx

If they ate charging that amount then report it to tibby olivier x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had the same problem in my area I charged what I felt my time and the product was worth and another salon has it for dirt cheap (£33) I have reported it but they are still charging the same and I am losing customers because of it. Why would you pay more when you can get exactly the same thing elsewhere x

I'm the same mrssmith but I'm not lower my price I think my price is ok for the product/my time and salon time aswell it should be more strict if they say that in the first place x

Hey geeks...I need advise

I recently attended tibby Olivier shrinking violet and it was stressed dont charge under £40 or it may result in the product being taken off you..they even said charge more incase you want to put it on offer which for me is not a problem as I don't like under cutting...

I charge £50 a wrap or courses of 3/4 or 6 but there are salons in my area doing it for as little as £25!! It's making me look like I'm overpriced when really I'm charging accordingly for the treatment and my time...help! Xx

You need to get in touch with TO give them all the salon information and they will act.

They can't stop people charging what they want unfortunately they can only advise and set an rrp

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I was told that if I charged under £40 my account would be closed! I charge what I feel my time and the treatment is worth. I have reported it and I'm sure it has been said to them but this salon is still doing it :(

So, the ppl charging less than £40 are not getting told off. I'm thinking of offering it but is the £40+ an rrp or a legal requirement?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can't enforce a retail price, but I guess that any distributor/manufacturer can terminate your account if they so choose. This is not directed at TO specifically, but any manufacturer or distributor who does close customer accounts needs to be aware that it won't do them any favours in terms of PR.
They would also need to be absolutely consistent with their policy otherwise it will be regarded as a cartel: you can't close people's accounts randomly; if one salon is not charging enough but you like them so you keep their account open, you can't then close someone else's simply because you don't.

So, you can in actual fact charge what ever you like :-( I was really hoping it was a strict £40+ so that there wouldnt be lots of desperado salons down the road doing it for £20 which really doesnt do the brand/treatment any favours.

To clarify.

We cannot fix prices as is seen as a monopoly which is illegal in the UK. We recommend a price and have a set of guidelines should anyone wish to have a copy. To offer lower makes no financial sense when taking into account product cost, overheads, time needed to perform the treatment correctly. However, the market will dictate the price.

its my honest opinion that if salons are having to charge as low as 20-25 for an hour and half treatment, as well as the product cost, they will not stay in business for very long.
Always aim for the people that appreciate the little extras in life.
go the extra mile with your customer care. maybe a complimentary hand massage and a lovely cool glass of water with ice and a slice after her wrap.
somewhere nice for her to put her clothes.
it is the little things that make the difference. I once had to go else where for a spray tan due to our machine not working :-( and even though the end result wasn't that much different than if id had it at our salon, I didn't have anywhere to hang my clothes, I had to put them on the floor! it was a really small divided off room, so really hot and stuffy.
it will surprise you how much the little things make a difference and it is the way to win the battle with the discounters.

Latest posts

Back