Shrinking Violet-is it worth training in? Still popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire bear

Reaction score
Is shrinking violet still a popular treatment as it was last year... Iv been thinking of training in it but not sure if it is worth it or not. Also is the faith lift facial worth training in too?
Thanks claire x

I'm interested in this too as I've been thinking about doing the training

I dont think its as popular as it was last year. Partly due to it now not being THE new treatment and partly due to people giving it away, we charge £75, others not far away are charging as little as £35, using the 'i can charge less as overheads not as much/im mobile/im a home salon' etc. I also dont think it does what it says on the tin. Apparantly clinical studies have been carried out, but as of yet they will not disclose/publish them. I also have numerous medical friends who state that lipolysis will NOT occur with this product. That said it us a lovely pamper treatment and we now market it as a 'luxury wrap'. Have you thought about UCW, this for us is more popular for slimming xx

I dont think its as popular as it was last year. Partly due to it now not being THE new treatment and partly due to people giving it away, we charge £75, others not far away are charging as little as £35, using the 'i can charge less as overheads not as much/im mobile/im a home salon' etc. I also dont think it does what it says on the tin. Apparantly clinical studies have been carried out, but as of yet they will not disclose/publish them. I also have numerous medical friends who state that lipolysis will NOT occur with this product. That said it us a lovely pamper treatment and we now market it as a 'luxury wrap'. Have you thought about UCW, this for us is more popular for slimming xx

Ok thanks for that.... I haven't looked at any other brand as it was the shrinking violet brand I wanted to go with because of all the publicity it had last year ... I don't have anyone asking for slimmimg wraps so it's not something I desperately needed to introduce but would have done if people think shrinking violet works and is still popular
Have you done their faith lift? X

Ok thanks for that.... I haven't looked at any other brand as it was the shrinking violet brand I wanted to go with because of all the publicity it had last year ... I don't have anyone asking for slimmimg wraps so it's not something I desperately needed to introduce but would have done if people think shrinking violet works and is still popular
Have you done their faith lift? X

No didnt do faith lift in salon, as didnt think it would sell well. I think its a fad treatment. I did try it athome and was impressed with results, but dont think could justify charging a facial price for it.

After many a debate on here (which I was involved in and called a troll amongst other things) I bought a kit from sweet squared for £10...they were clearing it out. Now I'm not trained in this particular wrap, but have done other wraps in the past. I've not tried it yet but to be honest I think it will have as good an effect as a massage oil than anything else after reading the ingredients...

Grapeseed oil, Jojoba oil, Lavender oil, Juniper oil, cypress oil, juniper berries and an emulsifier...the cling film mind you is industrial thickness...similar to the stuff you wrap suitcases in at airports...maybe they lose inches too 😂

Don't say it's no good I've just paid for training

Grapeseed oil, Jojoba oil, Lavender oil, Juniper oil, cypress oil, juniper berries and an emulsifier...the cling film mind you is industrial thickness...similar to the stuff you wrap suitcases in at airports...maybe they lose inches too 😂

You have actually missed out the active phospholipid ingredient which makes it work and why it passed the independent clinical trials...carried out by a completely independent clinic who we had NO influence over of which the top line results have been released so they HAVE been disclosed. I get the impression here that it is being suggested we are somehow "making it up" there are laws against that so please feel free to utilise them and for those who have friends in the medical field I respectfully ask them to check their up-to-date scientific knowledge on phospholipids etc xx

No didnt do faith lift in salon, as didnt think it would sell well. I think its a fad treatment. I did try it athome and was impressed with results, but dont think could justify charging a facial price for it.

A fad is a fashion. A mask that works is just that. You kindly said you were impressed with results so why would it not be used as a mask in a facial protocol which uses a mask ??

A fad is a fashion. A mask that works is just that. You kindly said you were impressed with results so why would it not be used as a mask in a facial protocol which uses a mask ??

Hi
What kind of people is the faith lift aimed at.., we have currently phased out our murad facial range so just want something to offer in the mean time until we find another brand x

Hi Claire, it is primarily aimed at the older client..the deeper the lines the greater the result ..however it can also be used on the younger client to bring back that "glow" of younger skin. As you need only 1-2ml per application it is a very cost effective addition to a luxury facial x

Hi Claire, it is primarily aimed at the older client..the deeper the lines the greater the result ..however it can also be used on the younger client to bring back that "glow" of younger skin. As you need only 1-2ml per application it is a very cost effective addition to a luxury facial x

So wouldn't you do it as it's own facial? Do you add it on to an existing treatment? X

You have actually missed out the active phospholipid ingredient which makes it work and why it passed the independent clinical trials...carried out by a completely independent clinic who we had NO influence over of which the top line results have been released so they HAVE been disclosed. I get the impression here that it is being suggested we are somehow "making it up" there are laws against that so please feel free to utilise them and for those who have friends in the medical field I respectfully ask them to check their up-to-date scientific knowledge on phospholipids etc xx

Yay! Well done Moosebat! I, personally, love SV. They do work. I've seen the results.

So wouldn't you do it as it's own facial? Do you add it on to an existing treatment? X

Yes you can do it as its own complete facial or you can add it into an existing one that includes a mask ie an anti-aging facial x

I did the SV training about 5 months ago and it's been a massive success in my salon. After months of research I'm so glad I went with SV. My clients have had brilliant inch loss results from it. :biggrin:

Would just like to add re the OP...
SV as our therapists have seen, can only get bigger. Reason being the clinical trial...For those of you who follow us you would have seen a huge flurry of press in mainstream, public, not trade, publications.

We have constantly been slated over our clinical trials...that we are hiding something...we have weathered this with all the doubters/skeptics (and not been easy)..BECAUSE..if any of you know how PR/media works..publications need to have an "exclusive" in order to print. They have to be shown the proof, which they have. If we had published the full report we would have been letting our therapists down as would not have been picked up by the mainstream media and public which it now has and much more to come. This would not have brought the whole new raft of clients to them...the public asking us and their salons who does it.. and yes..us selling more product.

This is how it is and tbh truth will out as always :Love:

Does anyone know why S2 are getting rid of this product after only seeming to have stocked it for a short time?

I suggest you ask them. We have no comment x

Thank you for your comment but my question is for any one who may know not those who don't.

Latest posts

Back