Shrinking Violet-is it worth training in? Still popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I ask why Mum's experience is being held high as an example ... Mum is a nail expert not an expert in wrap systems?

I don't understand so much of what is going on beneath the surface here.

It shouldn't be this difficult.

May I ask why Mum's experience is being held high as an example ... Mum is a nail expert not an expert in wrap systems?

I don't understand so much of what is going on beneath the surface here.

It shouldn't be this difficult.

I tend to agree! I have deleted my post as the thread has changed direction. I'm a user not an expert. I'm also not going to be involved in another '****gate' thread that seems so prevalent on this site.

If I was wanting to know more about a particular brand and how it works I'd go and try it for myself. I can't push a treatment in my salon if I don't believe in it. I believe in SV because it's proved to me that it works:biggrin

To clarify as some answers are not getting read properly

Students on our courses get the top line results.

We have no intention of publishing the full report until all media exclusives have been completed, the viewing of which will only help our therapists and us. There is no point asking for it. You can read into that what you like and I am sure some will but it is what it is.

It has been seen by the relevant media/ethics committees/advertising boards

We cannot claim it does what it does in all our PR/advertising without proof, which we have.

If it is not the product for you that is fine, there are other wraps out there. :Love:

PS Contour D'Or tan actually does reduce inches too so cannot in any way be thought as fluid or compression loss as some think our wrap is! Is all in the science :wink2:

Last edited:
To clarify as some answers are not getting read properly

Students on our courses get the top line results.

We have no intention of publishing the full report until all media exclusives have been completed, the viewing of which will only help our therapists and us. There is no point asking for it. You can read into that what you like and I am sure some will but it is what it is.

It has been seen by the relevant media/ethics committees/advertising boards

We cannot claim it does what it does in all our PR/advertising without proof, which we have.

If it is not the product for you that is fine, there are other wraps out there. :Love:

PS Contour D'Or tan actually does reduce inches too so cannot in any way be thought as fluid or compression loss as some think our wrap is! Is all in the science :wink2:

Lol what a load of tosh! The results will not be published this time next year. Excellent PR though. X

uhuh LOL....:Love: I think this thread is done as now getting personal and not helpful to anyone. Don't actually appreciate it being insinuated I am lying/hiding something/all about the PR.

Have a good evening everyone xx

uhuh LOL....:Love: I think this thread is done as now getting personal and not helpful to anyone. Don't actually appreciate it being insinuated I am lying/hiding something/all about the PR.

Its not for me to comment on others, but I have not personally insinuated that you are lying. I have simply asked that the results of the "Clinical" trial be made available for all to see so that the claims could be substantiated. I know that if I had developed a breakthrough fat busting treatment that could be administered by Beauty Therapists I would want to world to know how clever I was! However, it is what it is. TO aren't going to be sharing this information any time soon, so the debate will no doubt rear its ugly head many more times to come.

But you have provided NOTHING to suggest otherwise. You provided a link to your FB page that you said shows clinical redults. It shows no such thing, it shows subjective magazine articles. You constantly dodge the question and try to deflect away from it. Like ive said numerous times i think its a fab treatment as a luxury wrap, but jury out over fat loss. It may well reduce inches, but by lipolysis im sceptical. Its a bold statement saying clinical trials prove it. I take it the clinical trials were raken laboratory conditions with a large cross section of society. Does it reduce after 1 wrap or over a course over a period time with healthy eating? I can tell you now that the clinical results will still not have heen published in 12 months time!

This thread is difficult to read, unpleasant even!

Back to the question at hand... I was a user of the shrinking violet wrap- minimal results, very minimal. I think I lost 2inches all over which was probably being generous and was probably back on by the following morning! I also got really bored lying down! It wasn't relaxing more uncomfortable! As a customer I wouldn't pay for it. As a therapist I wouldn't offer it. Wraps to me are a bit of a gimmick to be honest.

But you have provided NOTHING to suggest otherwise. You provided a link to your FB page that you said shows clinical redults. It shows no such thing, it shows subjective magazine articles. You constantly dodge the question and try to deflect away from it. Like ive said numerous times i think its a fab treatment as a luxury wrap, but jury out over fat loss. It may well reduce inches, but by lipolysis im sceptical. Its a bold statement saying clinical trials prove it. I take it the clinical trials were raken laboratory conditions with a large cross section of society. Does it reduce after 1 wrap or over a course over a period time with healthy eating? I can tell you now that the clinical results will still not have heen published in 12 months time!

I went through all you're going through with Moosebat a few months ago. I have a client who is a biology professor at a top university and I ran the claims by her. She was very amused. I told Moosebat and she wasn't happy, still didn't get the clinical trial results. :rolleyes: I'm afraid you're flogging a dead horse. You will never get your answer. I gave up.

Last edited:
I went through all you're going through with Moosebat a few months ago. I have a client who is a biology professor at a top university and I ran the claims by her. She was very amused. I told Moosebat and she threatened me with slander. :rolleyes:

I would happily see Moosebat in Civil Court to discuss the issue with all cards on the table. Not going to happen though is it!

I would happily see Moosebat in Civil Court to discuss the issue with all cards on the table. Not going to happen though is it!

I don't care enough but I find it all highly amusing. It previously wound me up but now it's pure entertainment seeing the questions being dodged.

I don't care enough but I find it all highly amusing. It previously wound me up but now it's pure entertainment seeing the questions being dodged.

Yea it doesnt bother me really. Comedy gold watching them dodge the question!

Try it xxxx Gauntlet been laid down and we so accept it..just do it.... is all fine..will await the summons.....not going to happen though is it ????

Last edited:
I don't see questions being dodged - you've all had the answer. Waiting for publication in the best possible way!

Sent from The Bat Phone

I'm sorry to say the 'comedy gold' is observing 'professionals' in this industry demonstrating a lack of understanding of how this industry actually works!

The unpleasant and personal posts are why those who are genuine experts willing to share and help people in their careers leave this site in droves.

Such a shame and an indicative comment on where this industry is heading.

Sheepishly joining this thread and hoping not to get caught up in yet another SV debate ;) I have found shrinking violet to be quite popular at my salon and most people get fab results in the first hour. It can be a bit hit and miss afterwards but I'm pretty sure some clients don't follow aftercare as well as others. Some go on to book a course and some don't. Moosebat, I did my training before the clinical trials took place so I didn't receive this information on my training. Would I be able to get more information on the clinical trial if I emailed TO directly?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sheepishly joining this thread and hoping not to get caught up in yet another SV debate ;) I have found shrinking violet to be quite popular at my salon and most people get fab results in the first hour. It can be a bit hit and miss afterwards but I'm pretty sure some clients don't follow aftercare as well as others. Some go on to book a course and some don't. Moosebat, I did my training before the clinical trials took place so I didn't receive this information on my training. Would I be able to get more information on the clinical trial if I emailed TO directly?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ohh I'd like to know this too as I trained with curly girl & we didn't get any info on clinical trials :) xxxx

At LAST the post we have been waiting for and thank you for that....will keep all here informed as to the outcome of our summons xxx

How embarrassing and unprofessional.

On all accounts.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back