Shrinking Violet-is it worth training in? Still popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At LAST the post we have been waiting for and thank you for that....will keep all here informed as to the outcome of our summons xxx

Happily, as in you taking a Civil Action for libel against me, as you have apparantly threatened a salon geek previously with Court action, see a previous post. I have nothing to prove. It is you who has constantly dodged answer. Just answer me this question adequately and ill be satisfied and leave the thread. When asked about showing clinical trials, you gave a link to your FB page didnt you saying they were there? Why did you do that when all that is on there is magazine ads/articles and not results of clinica trials. That is a straightforward question.

I'm sorry to say the 'comedy gold' is observing 'professionals' in this industry demonstrating a lack of understanding of how this industry actually works!

The unpleasant and personal posts are why those who are genuine experts willing to share and help people in their careers leave this site in droves.

Such a shame and an indicative comment on where this industry is heading.

I assume by the lack of understanding you are referring to the lack of transparancy by some? What is unpleasant and unprofessional about asking someone details of a clinical trial that they claim to have undertaken, with it them who brought it into public domain by way of PR?
Where is the industry going?

There have been no personal insults in relation to this. They have all been questions in relation to a product. Genuine questions i may add.

Wow! Little oestrogen feast in here, eh? Is this really what the beauty industry is all about? Bitching??? Seen so much of it the last couple of weeks. Not nice. If you don't have anything nice to say, why say it?

How embarrassing and unprofessional.

On all accounts.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree... I can't believe what I have been reading. I am the one that wanted to bring this product into my salon but apart from results and believing in a product customer service is something that I also need to feel comfortable with. I have just got rid of a brand MURAD which i invested thousands into because I didn't like how I was been treated and do not want to be in the same position again x

I agree... I can't believe what I have been reading. I am the one that wanted to bring this product into my salon but apart from results and believing in a product customer service is something that I also need to feel comfortable with. I have just got rid of a brand MURAD which i invested thousands into because I didn't like how I was been treated and do not want to be in the same position again x

I've had great results with SV, and the customer service is brilliant. Someone is always there to answer any questions, too. X

I fail to see what these kinds of threads achieve apart from being detrimental to businesses.. and when the companies concerned try and defend themselves time and again unfortunately they lose credibility and very quickly.

But what interests me the most are the people that use this product but complain they can't get the answers.

So..... stop using the products or buy a product that satisfies all of your needs and you can get all the answers to your questions. It seems people have bought this product and are now asking questions about it that there are not a lot of answers for, should it not be the other way around.

And let's be honest. SV isn't at the top of the market price wise or result wise. In no way am I saying this product isn't any good at all. . But do your research.

I fail to see why the need for these threads exist. ..and even more, why companies concerned play straight into them. Embarrassing.

Last edited:

I fail to see what these kinds of threads achieve apart from being detrimental to businesses.. and when the companies concerned try and defend themselves time and again unfortunately they lose credibility and very quickly.

But what interests me the most are the people that use this product but complain they can't get the answers.

So..... stop using the products or buy a product that satisfies all of your needs and you can get all the answers to your questions. It seems people have bought this product and are now asking questions about it that there are not a lot of answers for, should it not be the other way around.

And let's be honest. SV isn't at the top of the market price wise or result wise. In no way am I saying this product isn't any good at all. . But do your research.

I fail to see why the need for these threads exist. ..and even more, why companies concerned play straight into them. Embarrassing.

Very.
As someone who knows very little about SV, All this thread has served to do is put me off SV even more!!

Unintentionally maybe but it's just really unpleasant.

Think about all of the guests and potential customers who visit the site and who are reading this thread and the replies from the company in question! They would be horrified.

Happily, as in you taking a Civil Action for libel against me, as you have apparantly threatened a salon geek previously with Court action, see a previous post. I have nothing to prove. It is you who has constantly dodged answer. Just answer me this question adequately and ill be satisfied and leave the thread. When asked about showing clinical trials, you gave a link to your FB page didn't you saying they were there? Why did you do that when all that is on there is magazine ads/articles and not results of clinica trials. That is a straightforward question.

No we are taking no action I thought you wanted to see us in civil court ???..that is fine... If anybody wants to summons us for misrepresentation or fraud etc etc please do...It sounded like you were laying down the gauntlet and wanted to do so...but maybe I misunderstood ? When I gave link to FB page it was because I understood the request to be where are all these publications that printed as our PR Company has the clinical trial and who would not have done so otherwise, so I apologise for the misunderstanding.

Very.
As someone who knows very little about SV, All this thread has served to do is put me off SV even more!!

Unintentionally maybe but it's just really unpleasant.

Think about all of the guests and potential customers who visit the site and who are reading this thread and the replies from the company in question! They would be horrified.

A shame as I had hoped my replies to be respectful although I did get a tad tired to have keep repeating myself. From the requests we have had for training and product I honestly don't feel all were horrified but as ever, everyone has an opinion.:Love: I don't feel the need to participate any more in this thread as is going around in circles. If you want to actually speak to a real person rather than try to interpret text which can sometimes can be read in a different way than written and vice versa, please feel free to call us. With whatever brand do you go with or not I wish all success as after all...we are all in the same industry :Love:Onwards and upwards x

Last edited:
Wow.

Just... wow.

Aaaanyway! I'd like to train!! :)
But the cost of training got higher since leaving s2! It was more affordable for my tiny salon at s2. :(

Anyone a trainer in Manchester or liverpool??

I love the product and so do my clients , it definitely does what it says on the bottle :)

Aaaanyway! I'd like to train!! :)
But the cost of training got higher since leaving s2! It was more affordable for my tiny salon at s2. :(

Anyone a trainer in Manchester or liverpool??

Is it a lot more? Do you get more with the training now? X

What an utter display of total unprofessionalism and a complete bitch-fest.

Is shrinking violet still a popular treatment as it was last year... Iv been thinking of training in it but not sure if it is worth it or not. Also is the faith lift facial worth training in too?
Thanks claire x

Claire bear I offer shrinking violet in the salon, its definetly calmed down, but at the same time I'm not promoting it at the moment, mainly because I've just introduced fake bake to the salon and I'm busy promoting it.

I've just finished a course of 4 treatments on a male client, after his course my client could comfortably fit into trousers that he couldn't wear before. So he was exceptionally pleased. I believe it works but don't do a lot of them now. As long as the clients expectations aren't made to high.

I've never used faith lift so can't help there. If you've any other questions from a salon perspective feel free to pm me x

Reading this thread tells me that the beauty industry needs to learn plenty from the medical industry... There is no good reason why an independent and controlled study which yielded great results should not be made available to anyone that wants to see it - PR or no PR agency, if potential customers and stockists are demanding more information and evidence, then why withhold? The evidence itself is PR for you... Whereas withholding it is exactly the opposite, negative, defensive and makes it appear SV is hiding something EVEN if they are not. As for giving 'the media' the exclusive - the media will publish on the subject of ANYTHING that could credibly claim to lose inches of fat in a few hours, whether or not they had an exclusive! Plus why the reticence in publishing quicker, if the study has been completed and verified a publication could have the results analysed and written about within a week... So why haven't we been given publication dates or where to expect this 'exclusive'? All in all, as someone who went from - this sounds interesting, is this worth trying as a customer or even stocking as an industry professional... I have now gone through a range of feelings which have ended on: I wouldn't ever feel comfortable working with this product or wasting my hard earned money trying it because the sales reps on here sound like they couldn't care less about getting your business, and don't have an open or friendly approach to their potential partners...

This is intended as some friendly advice - if you are tired of repeating nonsensical (in my opinion) or unhelpful statements to people who are looking for information then I would suggest not posting at all until you can formulate a proper response which does provide information, and delivered in a friendly tone too! :)

Ohh I'd like to know this too as I trained with curly girl & we didn't get any info on clinical trials :) xxxx

How is the shrinking violet and faith lift doing for you fay? Did you decide on a skincare range after? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

oh dear, oh dear oh dear

This thread isn't going well............:rolleyes:

This is from July last year

Sent from my SM-G850F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back