Sick clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairpin66

Reaction score
What to do with a client who is never happy with her life and your services?
I work in a retirement home and this client has been the only one who has been sick off and on for months. Last week, she came in after her hospital discharge after many no-shows. She did not disclose that she was fighting an infection. I completed her service which was not to her liking and did not receive a tip. The next day I was ill with a fever and flu-like symptoms which lasted 4 days. I have no health insurance and I care for my father who is fighting cancer. Other residents have become sick and have been complaining about her, as she is asking them for help constantly.
I do not want her back. What should I do?

Are you employed or self employed?
What’s your contractual obligations towards the residents? Can you refuse to provide the service on certain grounds?

I’m aware that staff in the States are far less protected as employees and have fewer statutory rights so I think it might be a good idea to also seek advice from a local citizens advice service, if possible.

I’m sorry that you’re having to deal with such an unpleasant person, especially whilst trying to care for your father. Unfortunately, when we’re stressed, we tend to pick up infections more easily so I can appreciate that it’s an especially tricky situation for you.

Latest posts

Back