Sick clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frances Garcia

Reaction score
I need some help with professional verbiage to relay to clients about rescheduling appointments when they are sick so I don't get sick too.
Thank you

I need some help with professional verbiage to relay to clients about rescheduling appointments when they are sick so I don't get sick too.
Thank you

Add it to your website..something like ‘it is inappropriate for you to visit with an illness. Coughs and colds and viruses are affected by beauty treatments and will not make you feel better, only worse, particularly in the case of massage. If you arrive ill you will be required to wear a mask. Please care and reschedule don’t share and make us ill’

Of course you can wear a mask yourself and not include that last bit, or just put it on as and hope it discourages i’ll clients. I caught whooping cough from a nail client in december who didn’t even mention she was ill til leaving (it’s intermittent so fine for a couple hours then near death for a few) and I was ill til May. I now wear a mask most of the time because it’s just not worth it to me to catch stuff. Plus stops me having to smell bad breath or breathe my lunch on clients..stop smelling feet...they are my life saver.

I wear gloves for everything except facial massage and massage after throughly inspecting the areas, though I have worn gloves before due to an excessive smell I didn’t want on my next ladies face.

I have no ever previously caught anything nor since, so good hygiene with hands, surfaces, tools, gloves and masks will do most of the work but you can also dettol door handles and other things they touch.

I think you need to word it quite gently so maybe something similar to....

‘I want you to relax and thoroughly enjoy the benefits of your treatment with me.
Please be aware that in some instances, beauty treatments help to cleanse and release the body’s natural toxins and if you are already suffering from an illness, this could significantly increase your recovery time.
Therefore, if you think you might have a cold virus or similar illness, please contact me and I will happily re-schedule your appointment to a later date.’

I state that if they are sick please let me know so we can reschedule. I also state if they turn up to their appt sick then I will reschedule their appt.
My clients are good and let me know, I also let them know if I am sick and then the choice is theirs whether they come or not.

Latest posts

Back