Sick day.....rebate?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
If you're unfortunate, and fall ill (or your kids do..) and you have to cancel appointments; do you offer a rebate to the client at their next appointment for their understanding?

I do charge for missed appointments for which I don't get 24hrs or more notice. A small fee, but a fee none the less.

I feel guilty when I'm ill, and this week had to cancel a few (dreaded migraine beat me up and wouldn't go away... sick as a dog)

Now, I know THEY don't lose wages like we do, for missed appointments. BUT it is THEIR time and I'm sure their time is as valuable to them as ours is to us.

So what do you do? What's your practice, when you have to cancel an appointment and/or take a sick day?

THANKS!

No way....if your sick your sick...it shouldn't cost you money to be sick. Clients have cancelled me due to ill health and i would never charge them.

In 5 years i have only done this for 2 days...i just let them know i was ill, apologised for the inconvenience and told them i would re-schedule a appointment with them for when i was better...i certainly ain't going to reduce their next bill for simply doing what any humane person would do...which is understand.

I understand when they are ill...it happens.

No way....if your sick your sick...it shouldn't cost you money to be sick. Clients have cancelled me due to ill health and i would never charge them.

In 5 years i have only done this for 2 days...i just let them know i was ill, apologised for the inconvenience and told them i would re-schedule a appointment with them for when i was better...i certainly ain't going to reduce their next bill for simply doing what any humane person would do...which is understand.

I understand when they are ill...it happens.

i have to agree with this, most clients will appreciate you not going in if your ill as they will not want to catch anything and vice versa when they are ill. i had a client who was having her nails done and at the end of the appointment told me she had a sickness bug, lo and behold later on i went down with sickness for 3 days!!! now i requets that if people are ill they reaarrange,i do not charge for this as i am protecting myself and other clients.
hope that makes sense xxx

Oh you poor baby! I get migraines too, they are vicious. Hope you are feeling better now.

I agree, if you're ill, you're ill. I don't charge my clients for being ill. Most clients will be very understanding and will allow you to rearrange their appointments. Its just unfortunate.

Thanks everyone!

I usually can function through migraines,... but lately seem to have them more than usual (stress?) and so, have taken some time off, rescheduling about 3 in total.
I felt horrid, and embarassed, calling to cancel.
They were great about it, but still...

thanks!

Hi,

I wouldnt offer anything either! I dont charge clients if they ring to cancel if they are sick. They would proberly appreciate you cancelling anyway as I doubt they would want to catch anything if they didnt have to! xx

If I remember correctly Nailzoo ave some kind of discount when he had to cancel. At the time I thought it was a fair way he worked it. Sorry I can't remember the thread though. xxx

The only reason I would give the client any kind of discount is if I screwed up the schedule (i.e. if for some reason two people were scheduled for the same slot of time--which has happened to me more than once! Grr.). But sick days don't count toward that. If you're sick, you're sick. :)

I agree.

Latest posts

Back