Sick of all these fruit flies!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
We have been loused out with these pesky critters for the past few months!
They seem to come from nowhere!
I walked into my bedroom the other evening and there must of been 20 of them all on my window blind as I always leave my small window open:evil:
Bar flies, fruit flies....same thing.
I've got through loads of fly spray & I don't like spraying it around too much.
At one point all our local shops had run out of the stuff!

Has anyone else been suffering???

they must like you cos they are not in suffolk !!! xxx

None in Bristol either!

Not at the minute bev but up to a few weeks ago we had loads of them as we live in the countryside and next to a stream too. I must say though as we have now lived here for 7 years we have kind of got used to them.

My windowsills are always covered in black dirty marks though.

what exactly are fruit flies?

we have been getting lots of tiny little black/brown flying things around. my mum says they're from our basil plant in the kitchen but i've had them in the salon when i'm painting nails - they always appear as i start painting coz i'm always worried they'll get embedded in a nail!!!

what exactly are fruit flies?

we have been getting lots of tiny little black/brown flying things around. my mum says they're from our basil plant in the kitchen but i've had them in the salon when i'm painting nails - they always appear as i start painting coz i'm always worried they'll get embedded in a nail!!!

They like the smell of alcohol - hence when you get polish out, it has s certain smell they like.
I have found this too.

Has anyone else been suffering???
Nope, I sent all of ours to Lincolnshire :lol:

Seriously though... we get them all year round here, wipe lemongrass oil around the door and window frames as they don't like it.

Nope, I sent all of ours to Lincolnshire :lol:

Seriously though... we get them all year round here, wipe lemongrass oil around the door and window frames as they don't like it.

Thought I saw a few in sombreros!

I'll give that a try Sandi thanks.

I've just had a look on a website that also calls them drain flies, then I have just popped outside and had a look at the drain....it's blocked....this is probably the reason I'm having them, it's got nothing to do with the amount of empties by the bin!!!!:lol:

I've just had a look on a website that also calls them drain flies, then I have just popped outside and had a look at the drain....it's blocked....
Do they have large wings? I think they're also called Moth flies or something similar.

I had them in my sink a while ago and ours was a bit blocked too, once it was cleared the flies disappeared.

They like the smell of alcohol - hence when you get polish out, it has s certain smell they like.
I have found this too.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: well you'd have thought they'd be at my house too then xx

but no bev no more flies than normal xx

Yep - had them in the salon, my place is nearly 100 years old, therefore the drains arent exactly great, not terrible, just a bit old lol -

They seemed to appear after one lot of flowers I had in there, I always buy fresh flowers, went to Marks and sparks as normal to get them and this time they seemed to die quicker - then I noticed all the little buggers......

I got on it with the spray and bleached the drains, seems ok now! :green:

Latest posts

Back