Sick of my business plan!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammylou

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have been sat here for hours (as well as the last few days) writing my business plan, have been getting nowhere fast lol.:Scared:

I am looking at setting up a hair and beauty salon with 4 treatment rooms and a main hair/nail bar/waiting area. I will be renting one room out to a holistic therapist, using one for general beauty treatments, one for spray tanning and one for a tanning bed. I plan on two nail desks in the main salon as well as two dressing out units. The upstairs area will be used to offer training in beauty therapy.

Could I ask the more experienced amongst you if you could do me a favour? I am looking for estimated costs for electricity/gas/water etc. and without any assistance from the owners I am struggling. I would really appreciate any information, feel free to pm me any info that you would prefer not to list online.

The property that I am looking at was formerly a beauty salon but I have been unable to contact the previous owner to ask any questions. The building is owned by a large supermarket chain who cannot decide if they would like to rent or sell the property and will not be making their decision for two months and so will not provide me with any details either.

I am writing my business plan now so that I can both attempt to meet with somebody from the estates department of this company to try and persuade them with my arguments in my favour - poor market for sellers, guaranteed income, property not sitting empty long term etc. and also apply for funding.

I have 10 years experience in the nail and beauty industry and have been teaching for the last 3 years and feel that this is the perfect place for me to set up, but my head is spinning......please help me before I demolish the tub of Ben & Jerrys that is calling my name from the kitchen:lick:

Very long winded questions, sorry, it's just been building up and now its all flooded out lol.

Hope somebody can help.

Sam

Last edited:
Well the ice cream has been devoured!! Have walked the dog and feel a little calmer now, and a bit sickly too lol.

Any help would be appreciated xx

It sounds about the same size as my main salon. I budget around £1000 a month for utilies including gas/electric/water/phones/broadband.

Latest posts

Back