Sickly nervous feeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallandcute

Reaction score
does anyone else feel like this?

for the past three weeks i have been feeling like im about to puke but also really nervous and feeling like i have been hit by a bus. not having any anxiety attacks or anything so i doubt its that but im just worn out from it now. :(

Oh bless you, it sounds a lot like anxiety to me. I suffer awful from it, have done for years. (I'm on mediation now) if it's been that long definitely do and see your doctor. Hope you feel better soon x

thanks for your reply. im not feeling any anxiety though but i do on occasions but i do feel quite strung out and just for the life of me cannot relax properly, even a hot bath isnt working. :( doesnt help im not sleeping properly either. x

I was exactly the same and got medication for anxiety and depression which has helped. I didn't feel anxious just exhausted and unsettled.

Whether you feel like its anxiety or not, it comes in all different forms..... I get a constant pain in my chest like I'm having a heart attack! I'm taking a herbal aid at the moment called "quiet life" (which always makes me chuckle!) they are herbal & also aid restful sleep, they've worked wonders for me! HTH X

thanks lovelies. i have some kalms at home so will take some when i finish this shift and if not working then docs. been on the anti d's before and by god i turn into a vegetable. x

Are you getting palpitations? Excess energy? Change in appetite? Any of these things as well and you should go see your doctor. Could have several different causes but if it's worrying you go get it checked out.

I felt like this back in November and the doctor put me on a low dose of sertraline - it has really helped me, I felt sick everyday and really agitated, tossing and turning in the night and felt a bit lost, he said it was a form of anxiety xxx

Gosh I feel like this on occasions. I wake up panicking and I don't know why. Then look deeper into it and it could be that I just bought something really expensive and it's making me worry about money, or that I don't know where my life is going and I get worried about that. Perhaps think of what happened around the time you started feeling like this and figure out what it could be. Hope you start to feel your normal self again soon xxxx

Don't rule out inner ear infection.......my partner has nausea, anxiety, a feeling of being 'out of sorts', 'giddy'
Seems he has Labyrintitus! (Think I might have spelt that wrong lol)

thanks everyone for the replies. took some kalms when i got in this morning and again when i got up this evening. seems to have helped a bit but still feeling like i want to puke everywhere. also seem to be forgetting everything at the minute which is not like me at all. if im not feeling any better by the end of rotation then i will go to the docs. really dont want to go back on the meds as they leave me so spaced out and i can barely function on them. at least with the way im feeling i can get up and get on with things. i am also aware that my moods can fluctuate quite massively on occasions. x

Just an idea, but have you thought about trying Mindfulness?
It's a technique that will help you manage your breathing, thoughts, feelings and emotions. There's loads of evidence to support it and it will increasingly be used by GPs and in public health.
You can access free online courses or there might be one in your area (plus paid courses). There are also quite a lot of good apps.
Hope you feel better soon x

I was forgetting lots of stuff too and one minute I'm the life and soul then I'm crying and can't stop.
Perhaps it's just a case of finding the right medication for you? I felt spaced out the first few weeks but better however I feel like I'm used to them now so not sure they're right for me but I go back next week. I've been like this for years and so glad I finally went.
Sometimes it's good to even go to your GP just to chat and explain how you feel X

thanks everyone for the replies. took some kalms when i got in this morning and again when i got up this evening. seems to have helped a bit but still feeling like i want to puke everywhere. also seem to be forgetting everything at the minute which is not like me at all. if im not feeling any better by the end of rotation then i will go to the docs. really dont want to go back on the meds as they leave me so spaced out and i can barely function on them. at least with the way im feeling i can get up and get on with things. i am also aware that my moods can fluctuate quite massively on occasions. x
Is your diet good? It could be a vitamin deficiency.

I think we often 'fall' into patterns of behaviour which can then become the norm. I like the idea of mindfulness - of grounding ourselves and taking a moment to check that actually I'm okay. I think anti ds can be over prescribed and actually some relaxation techniques and positive thinking can be extremely helpful. I also believe that for some people anti ds can be life changing!

Can you attribute the change in your self to any changes in environment or circumstance?

Vic x

my diet is really good especially when im on rotation for work (main job) lots of fruit and salad etc but with the occasional twix bar etc so it has improved quite a bit recently. nothing has changed much either environmentally or in circumstances so nothing to worry about there really. my energy does just feel really different though like someone has plugged into an electrical socket but at the same time i feel really tired and sick deep in my tummy if that makes sense. also my senses have changed like taste and smell.

i have tried things like mindfulness as well but getting me to relax is like trying to pull teeth without the anesthetic!

i work for a large international company from another country and whilst this country is known for a great laid back lifestyle the normal personality of this nation is very brash and they flip at the littlest thing! i do wonder if they have fried me a little with their energy and my mind is just shutting down to cope. the job is very easy in itself and dont have to go home and think about it at all but its fair to say that the customers can be very hard work at the best of times.

Definitely go to the doctor, you may start to feel a little better just booking the apt, after all it's just making a phone call.
Everyone suffers differently, I was on medication for a couple of years and tried a few before I found the right one. In the early days it was horrendous but I didn't realise (I do looking back) it was when my husband said I was having panic attacks in my sleep that he took me to the doctors then after that I started to get 'real' symptoms. Once I had a full on panic attack on the kitchen floor just because I couldn't get an apt at the doctors when I wanted it they kept calling the house to see if I was ok (I'd rung from my mobile and took the call once I'd 'come round'
My point is catch it early.
I now don't take any medication but my husband is on a high dose, he went to the doctor because he had chest pains and constantly smelt smoke and had no idea it was anxiety, his ecg showed he was near a heart attack status.
He doesn't have chest pains now but the constant smoke smell comes back when his stress and anxiety is high. Smoke of all things! He was looking everywhere for a bonfire.
You could say we have a perfect life and no real reason to have these problems but it doesn't work like that and it doesn't mean you are weak or you can't cope with life, it's chemical.

You could just need a little tweak and you'll be fine or it could be something else entirely either way you need to know.

Everyone is different, no one is weak TAKE CARE of yourself, you are only here once.

Sending you love and support X X X

If anyone is interested, this is an online Mindfulness course -
http://www.bemindfulonline.com

It really isn't relaxation, it's a whole series of tools to help you understand and manage your emotions.
Research shows it's effective in treating people who have experienced depression for three or more times, so it can help across a wide range of needs.

There's also a stress test which can sometimes help you see and understand what's going on around you.

Hope this helps

Definitely go to the doctor, you may start to feel a little better just booking the apt, after all it's just making a phone call.
Everyone suffers differently, I was on medication for a couple of years and tried a few before I found the right one. In the early days it was horrendous but I didn't realise (I do looking back) it was when my husband said I was having panic attacks in my sleep that he took me to the doctors then after that I started to get 'real' symptoms. Once I had a full on panic attack on the kitchen floor just because I couldn't get an apt at the doctors when I wanted it they kept calling the house to see if I was ok (I'd rung from my mobile and took the call once I'd 'come round'
My point is catch it early.
I now don't take any medication but my husband is on a high dose, he went to the doctor because he had chest pains and constantly smelt smoke and had no idea it was anxiety, his ecg showed he was near a heart attack status.
He doesn't have chest pains now but the constant smoke smell comes back when his stress and anxiety is high. Smoke of all things! He was looking everywhere for a bonfire.
You could say we have a perfect life and no real reason to have these problems but it doesn't work like that and it doesn't mean you are weak or you can't cope with life, it's chemical.

You could just need a little tweak and you'll be fine or it could be something else entirely either way you need to know.

Everyone is different, no one is weak TAKE CARE of yourself, you are only here once.

Sending you love and support X X X
How weird. I thought I was the only one who smelt smoke. I link mine to hormones as it's always around when I'm due on.

It's so helpful getting different perspectives x

A friend of mine uses mindfulness to help with her fibromyalgia, she finds it incredibly helpful x

@squidgernetball.
It's funny how our bodies communicate with us.
Hormones are chemicals too just like when stress releases cortisol so I can def see the connection.
It's great to get different views here, we're a kind and helpful bunch.

On the other hand I just smell chocolate when I'm due in because it is in the other hand x

Latest posts

Back