Sienna X in M&S!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombalurina

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm telling you things you already know geeks but look what I just found

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Sienna-Gradual-Glowing-Self-200ml/dp/B00BR9YTSW

M&S selling retail products from SiennaX. It just devalues the whole professional service we are trying to promote!! I'm really sad to see this and I think I'm going to start looking for another tan provider. Are they allowing any other high street brand to supply???

Hi. Apparently this has been on the cards for a couple of months and was covered in another thread. Sienna said it was to make the name more known i think. Like fake bake st tropez. Clients still request these tans even though they are available in boots. I stock sienna myself and I am starting to phase it out and stock nouvatan which is still golden in colour plus it does have items to retail :) x

Aha, thanks Lissylou, I did do a search but couldn't find anything. I'm just so sad to see this I didn't think SiennaX were like that!! But I guess business is business..

I know what you mean. Especially as I don't feel as tho m& s is a store that is hip and happening and keeping up with current trends! :( x

I think a courtesy email to all Sienna Stockists like myself would have been nice to let us know?

They did send an questionnaire asking lots of questions ie if it was stocked in high st etc but I put I would switch to another brand lol I will do this as I feel I prefer a product that isn't sold on the high st x

I live in a rural area with a home beauty salon and selling sienna products is difficult at the best of times, I may aswell just use it myself now as people aren't going to come especially to me to buy it when they can nip into m&s.

Another totally bonkers idea from sienna IMO xxx

Did a fair chunk of your tanning-related income come from retail product sales then?

Ugh, how annoying is that. I visit your link and now my salongeek banner ad changes to M&S :p I hate this new stalkerish way the web advertises to us!

Ive been speaking to Nouvatan this week and they dont do this this is one of the reasons why Im probably going to go with them. Ive not had a Nouvatan tan done but what ive seen it looks lovely and natural. I must find somewhere near to Cardiff to get one.

Hmmmmm. Not sure this is a good thing. If I was a salon owner rather than mobile, I would be mad as a hippo with a hernia. This has just reminded me that I got a little over excited at the nec when buying my kit. I was really impressed with them for the professionalism- no eBay shop selling to anyone on there, no shooting other brands down in flames, smart and professional staff. How disappointing they couldn't keep the professional image for all of us.

Hmmmmm. Not sure this is a good thing. If I was a salon owner rather than mobile, I would be mad as a hippo with a hernia. This has just reminded me that I got a little over excited at the nec when buying my kit. I was really impressed with them for the professionalism- no eBay shop selling to anyone on there, no shooting other brands down in flames, smart and professional staff. How disappointing they couldn't keep the professional image for all of us.

I think they have an ebay shop also now. Which was easier for me as their official site would no longer let me log in. I emailed couple of times, used contact form etc still no success This was also part of the reason I have decided to phase it out. They never replied also to request for images for my website. Think their customer service may only be good if you phone them as emailing doesn't seem to work! X

I think they have an ebay shop also now. Which was easier for me as their official site would no longer let me log in. I emailed couple of times, used contact form etc still no success This was also part of the reason I have decided to phase it out. They never replied also to request for images for my website. Think their customer service may only be good if you phone them as emailing doesn't seem to work! X

Gees do they?! Wouldn't have gone with them if I had spotted that I must admit!!

Indeed they do have their own eBay shop...
Once again, a professional brand has gone all high street on us. :(

Indeed they do have their own eBay shop...
Once again, a professional brand has gone all high street on us. :(

So cross I wouldn't have brought into this brand if I'd known that!! :-/

oh well, time tp phase out my sienna :sad:

I have to say I'm glad I changed brands now. I want the exclusivity of a professional brand, not one that's available here there and everywhere!

Yes, never really did alot of retailing as it was but think i may well give novotan a try as it was nice knowing it was exclusive to professionals. I supoose they have their reasons to do it, times are hard and all that.

Latest posts

Back