Sienna X Maximist - too much solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzyc

Reaction score
Hi geeks I've been tanning since January and am totally addicted!!!! I have almost perfected my technique and speed so that's great but in finding I'm using almost 100ml of solution per tan!! I use sienna x so the product is quite expensive and I only go over the body once so I don't know what's wrong!! Please help :(

Without watching you I can not tell you what's going wrong but here are a few things you may want to consider.

1. Turning your gun down. Is too much solution coming out, wasting it?

2. Speed your hand movement up slightly. Is your hand movement is too slow, so you are over spraying each client with too much solution?

3. What size are your clients? I mean this in the nicest possible way, be we are all different sizes. A client who is a size 20 will use more solution that a client who is a size 6. Are you doing larger clients?

My advise would be to turn your gun down a little bit and slightly speed up your hand movement. Not too much, we still want to get tan on them.

Maybe practise on a close friend you new 'less spray' technique and see how they turn out. That way of it is not enough spray, your friend wouldn't mind.

Zoe x

Turn the dial down on the gun, I use this machine and solution, never used more than 50ml regardless of the size of the person.

i was having the EXACT same problem as i to use SX and love love love it!

I was wondering why when i saw other people who had literally just been sprayed somewhere else, didnt look like they had and some people i know have even said they go out of an evening with it on!
Mine looked dirty if you see what i mean and you would need to go into hiding over night....

until i turned the dial down on my gun and less spray came out.
You may find it strange at first and the client will look hardly coated, but that will just be compared to what you are used to seeing.

It didnt effect the strength/colour of the finished result, just saved me using more than 50ml per client.

I now use about 30ml and clients do even look tanned when they leave.

I suspect your gun is over spraying unnecessarily.
HTH

Sorry to sound dumb but how to I turn the gun down? By how much? Xx

Definitely turn your dial down, I used to use about 70ml per tan, I now use about 50ml on average. it will save you lots of money turning it down x

Latest posts

Back