Sienna X or Nouvatan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty41

Reaction score
I am completely new to Salon Geek, but my head is bursting with looking at different spray tans, so would really appreciate your help!!!
Have looked into the Sienna X training but since reading through lots of threads on here, Nouvatan keeps popping up with great reviews.
The threads are quite old so was hoping for an up to date review on theses spray tans.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I've used several of the big names like Sienna X, fake bake, st tropez whilst working in salons but I took a gamble with Nouvatan when I opened my own place and I think it's fantastic. All my clients love the colour and fade off is good. Their customer service has been 2nd to none so far. Smells good too and a lot of clients comment on that. Hope this helps x

I've used several of the big names like Sienna X, fake bake, st tropez whilst working in salons but I took a gamble with Nouvatan when I opened my own place and I think it's fantastic. All my clients love the colour and fade off is good. Their customer service has been 2nd to none so far. Smells good too and a lot of clients comment on that. Hope this helps x
Thank you Birdbrain that's really helpful to know especially knowing you have used lots of the leading brands. Would you mind me asking what gun you use?
I'm a home based beauty salon so I will be using a pop up tent when I start tanning.
Thanks so much for your reply x

Once you've decided on who to train with get lots of samples. Some are free if you contact them and others do packs for sale. I tried lots before I settled on my favourites and I still get samples if I come across one I haven't tried. Colour, smell, skin appearance and wear off varies dramatically.
Good luck :) x

Thank you Birdbrain that's really helpful to know especially knowing you have used lots of the leading brands. Would you mind me asking what gun you use?
I'm a home based beauty salon so I will be using a pop up tent when I start tanning.
Thanks so much for your reply x

I also use a pop up tent, as I don't have the space to have a booth permanently, but I'm thinking of getting one of the inflatable tents (works like a bouncy castle) as they can be stored easier and are machine washable as its the biggest pain cleaning a tent!!
I use the TS20 HVLP machine, i was advised for my use age (10-15 per week) that that machine would be good, but I think if you are doing a lot of spray tans daily it might not be enough. But I'm sure who ever you buy from will advise the best machine for you.

Someone else has just suggested about getting samples which is a great idea but hard if you haven't already got a machine to test on now so may not help your decision. So I suggest finding someone in your area doing Nouvatan and Sienna X and in turn have a spray tan from each brand. What better way to know colour and fade off than to try yourself first. Good luck x

I also use a pop up tent, as I don't have the space to have a booth permanently, but I'm thinking of getting one of the inflatable tents (works like a bouncy castle) as they can be stored easier and are machine washable as its the biggest pain cleaning a tent!!
I use the TS20 HVLP machine, i was advised for my use age (10-15 per week) that that machine would be good, but I think if you are doing a lot of spray tans daily it might not be enough. But I'm sure who ever you buy from will advise the best machine for you.

Someone else has just suggested about getting samples which is a great idea but hard if you haven't already got a machine to test on now so may not help your decision. So I suggest finding someone in your area doing Nouvatan and Sienna X and in turn have a spray tan from each brand. What better way to know colour and fade off than to try yourself first. Good luck x
Once you've decided on who to train with get lots of samples. Some are free if you contact them and others do packs for sale. I tried lots before I settled on my favourites and I still get samples if I come across one I haven't tried. Colour, smell, skin appearance and wear off varies dramatically.
Good luck :) x

Thank you both for your advise. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out

I use Laurens way tan, they offer different shades. My clients love it call up for free samples

Also don't buy into the 'kits' places sell. Shop around and you can get it all really cheaply and spend the money on the solution. As long as you have a hvlp machine and X it some funky brand you'll be fine. I use exposed spray tan solution and bought my tent and machine from dha solutions.

Also don't buy into the 'kits' places sell. Shop around and you can get it all really cheaply and spend the money on the solution. As long as you have a hvlp machine and X it some funky brand you'll be fine. I use exposed spray tan solution and bought my tent and machine from dha solutions.
Thanks for the info. I'm taking all these threads on board!!

Latest posts

Back