Sienna X Privileged Membership....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy32

Reaction score
Has anyone paid for this? It costs £75 for first year then £25 a year after that. It means that when people go on their website they can find your details and link to your own website. You also get 5% off all purchases.
I really don't know what to do as can't decide if this will bring me more clients in (in which case will be worth the money)
Business is so slow at the minute so racking my brains to drum up more trade!! Not had a single client in today and only 1 eyebrow wax yesterday....it is so disheartening!!!

Hi Sarah

Sorry I can't help from experience but am doing my Sienna training in Nov so will be interested to see what the feedback to your thread is! x

yeah i'm interested aswell as i trained with sienna - i'm pretty much a 'who knows if it will work until you give it a go?' kinda person but £75 is a good amount of money.

one thing i think with it is that sienna isn't a big, huge, well known high street brand like for eg fake bake and st tropez are so will clients know to search for sienna? let alone to search for sienna and then to search for a spray tanner using sienna? if it was a fake bake for eg. website or st tropez then i'd think def. go for it but i'm not so sure if people are really aware that other brands of fake tan exist apart from fake bake and st tropez haha. oddlly enough i chose sienna because i didn't want a sell out, buy me from the high street brand. did i make a mistake i wonder? lol when i posted on my bfs fb about offering practise tans somebody replied back 'is it fake bake?' and i was like oh no no it's sienna, professional, smells delicious, looks good and then i never heard from her again lmao :\

i'm not sure also if sienna advertise their spray tanners or if they just focus on our side of it. maybe you could phone them up and ask them if they advertise their spray tanners and see what they say? customer service is fab so i'm sure they'll be happy to help! :D
x

edited to add:

for you to get the bennefit of the discount then surely you'd have to be doing a good amount of tans? i'm sure i worked out like 2-3 every day if buying just the litre bottle. though if you are doing that many tans a day you obviously wont be buying litres on their own would you? :\ talk about confusing! :p

Last edited:
I see what you're saying about the whole Fake Bake/St Tropez thing but I do know that Sienna X has had a few mentions in some magazines for their retail range, although people can only buy from salons which is def a good thing. I know they use the tan on Strictly Come dancing but not sure it is advertised on here (and they must layer them with the stuff cos sometimes they are a bit orange, when I know its not an orange looking tan) Gonna have to do some more thinking about this I think

Hi Sarah, i'm pretty quiet up here too it's just that time of year i think. Sending some leaflets, money off vouchers to clients and usually get some people off that.
With regard to the Sienna x thingy, i'm sure i searched a while back on here and there was another thread bout it. I won't do it on principle cause when i trained it was supposed to be free to have you listed on their website and then they changed it! Hurumph!!
Anyway, keep ya chin up hen it'll be busy again before you know it!:smack:

I was thinking of this too although actually getting the website from them too which is only £99 plus vat with all the same privelages!! It's interesting to see others veiws on Sienna x, i'm from worcester where Sienna x is based so round here it's really popular and a lot of the salons use it so i don't see that side where ppl have never heard of it!!
I only did my training a month ago and our trainer told us that for strictly come dancing they use 16% so it show's on the TV but i agree i think they do look a bit orange sometimes!!

I have my website already so wouldn't use that. It does bug me really that they should do this anyway for free, surely the more clients we have the more we spend with them. This also applies to them and other companies who charge for promo materials whereas other suppliers I use send them for free. Did a promotion via FB earlier offering 30% off all treatments and 2 people rang straight away!!!

I was thinking of this too although actually getting the website from them too which is only £99 plus vat with all the same privelages!! It's interesting to see others veiws on Sienna x, i'm from worcester where Sienna x is based so round here it's really popular and a lot of the salons use it so i don't see that side where ppl have never heard of it!!
I only did my training a month ago and our trainer told us that for strictly come dancing they use 16% so it show's on the TV but i agree i think they do look a bit orange sometimes!!

i don't think it's big here at all from what i've found, i've been to as many salons for price lists and asked if not stated as i can find within my area and then just outside of my area picked up price lists when i've gone past aswell as done the usual google searching and face book searching and of course looked on the sienna website itself and not thought once that i am no different to everybody else. when i've been talking to people about sienna aswell people have always been surprised when i say it's been used on how to look good naked and strictly! i guess though the more people that use it the more word will spread around! :D so i really am at the complete opposite to you! :Dx

Hi,
I trained with SiennaX in March and then signed up to the privelige scheme.
I got my 4 page site, Paid the £75+vat and had nothing, no internet referrals at all.
In September I decided to cancel the website and just keep the discount card and the listing, which is cheaper next year.
I made my own website with the help from healthhosts . it was £17 ish to set up, £4.50 per month to keep going. You get as many pages as you like and I've had loads of business since. I also register with any free listings too.

Hope this is helpful

Deb x

I trained with Sienna X in May and introduced it into the salon straight away. Every single client I had has since returned many times. I'm really suprised at people thinking it's orange looking as I've never had anyone feedback anything but positive... and so many have said that it was the most natural looking tan they've had. Sienna X is unheard of in my area but people have said that they prefer this one to many of the others they've had. I don't know about the privelege scheme as I chose not to join - maybe if they gave a bigger discount off their products I might think about it!
It's just my opinion but given the feedback and high % returns I get, I'd be v reluctant to change my supplier at this stage x

hello

i offer sienna x at my salon and have been using for the past 2 years and love it i do so many clients on a thursday now and everyone who has previously been to other salons offering st tropez or fake bake have converted to sienna. you can do your own website on moonfruit and offer incentives like group bookings and the host gets a free tan and also buy one get one half price works well here. to be honest i dont have to do any offers now. use the fact that it is used on strictly at the moment!!!

good luck

vicky

Latest posts

Back